Can't wait for the rains to arrive

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Been hand watering every day. The spider mite problem is somewhat in check now. It was so brutally hot this afternoon with no cloud cover. Picked up palm special (150 lbs.), K-Mag (100 lbs.) and some 120 day time released from Harrell's (150 lbs.) for the crotons. Getting it all down tomorrow - awaiting our rains to return.

No lack of rain my way. I recorded 10.61" for the month of May. May is usually a dry month with a avg. of only 2.10".

Scott, every time I look at the radar, the rains are going to you, Phil and Ray or down to the Glocks in Fort Myers. In the last two days we've had a cumulative of a little over an inch, but that's all in weeks. More inland east Sarasota has had more. It is raining lightly now:), though, and I'm hopeful there may be more, so at least something!

A fair amount of rain fell here yesterday of which I am thankful. It was not the good soaking I needed, so hand watering continued this morning. At least the overcast skies and high humidity is helping. Every year at this time I swear I'm going to install an irrigation system in the Fall. Then the rains come, everything gets cranking - and I never get around to it. :(

Scott, every time I look at the radar, the rains are going to you, Phil and Ray or down to the Glocks in Fort Myers. In the last two days we've had a cumulative of a little over an inch, but that's all in weeks. More inland east Sarasota has had more. It is raining lightly now:), though, and I'm hopeful there may be more, so at least something!
Anna, I would be happy to share some of these rains. My yard has become a swamp in the last few weeks and I am not getting much done outdoors. Here we go again as I post. I am right at the 589 on the map.
a_xm0.jpg

Anna, I would be happy to share some of these rains. My yard has become a swamp in the last few weeks and I am not getting much done outdoors. Here we go again as I post. I am right at the 589 on the map.View attachment 31820

Hahahaha, Scott, the rains just passed us up again! I'm not sure which situation is worse. Hopefully, we can even things out a bit this month, get you some drier weather and get some rains for us. Weather is always challenging for gardeners, isn't it?

Dark ominous clouds all to the west - 15 mph wind out of the east - no rain for me unless something develops over the coastal waters and blows this way. :(

Was dragging the hose around early again :confused:

Yesterday was a washout around these parts. Some areas of Tampa received over 7" of rain in a few hours. I was a little luckier and received 4". Only a few light :) sprinkles today. Here is what Tampa looked like yesterday...
8030912_G.jpg
8030911_G.jpg
8030093_G.jpg

I've been thrilled to have one cumulative inch over three rains in the last week. Before that we were extremely dry. Scott, I hope your garden hasn't suffered too much. How is your drainage situation? Do you have a lot of puddles?

I've been thrilled to have one cumulative inch over three rains in the last week. Before that we were extremely dry. Scott, I hope your garden hasn't suffered too much. How is your drainage situation? Do you have a lot of puddles?
Anna, My yard drains to the lake pretty fast, just stays swampy in spots. The last 3 days have been hot and no rain, but guess who just got hit again with another 1.5 "?
b_xm0.jpg

Looks like the rain machine dried up in my house. The last rain here was on the 15th, just a few light sprinkles that measure nothing.