A Croton Paradise

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Found a croton paradise. The names have been withheld to protect their innocence. :rolleyes:

Para 1.JPG

Looks like paradise to me...... There are some astounding leaf shapes in these pics ........

Always find your posts amusing Moose!!! THANKS!!!

Ana - I knew this thread would torture you. Honestly I don't know what the majority of them are. I believe many are cultivars we are familiar but the exceptional robust color is somewhat deceiving.

View attachment 31731
Yeah, I knew you knew you were torturing me. I need to learn, so I'm always looking for identified photos/plants in yards. I think you know some of them. Let me try a few, and you tell me if I get any right.

1) ?
2) Trinidad Interrupted Leaf
3) Resembles Mackenzie, but I can't see enough of the leaf pattern or scale
4) Daybreak
5) Dolores
6) Tommy Halgrim
7) ?
8) ? but really spectacular
10) Feel like I know this, but blanking out
11) Joe Friday
14) Really is amazing! Is it Mike's amazing cultivar we saw at the tour?
15) ? President Reagan

Yeah, I knew you knew you were torturing me. I need to learn, so I'm always looking for identified photos/plants in yards. I think you know some of them. Let me try a few, and you tell me if I get any right.

1) ?
2) Trinidad Interrupted Leaf I think you are right
3) Resembles Mackenzie, but I can't see enough of the leaf pattern or scale Think it may be MacKenzie, certainly don't look like mine
4) Daybreak Seems like it should be
5) Dolores unsure
6) Tommy Halgrim Spectacular, wat better then mine, rivals Tim's in Key West
7) ? ?
8) ? but really spectacular no clue
10) Feel like I know this, but blanking out can't put my finger on it, Davis 87 ?
11) Joe Friday you may be correct
14) Really is amazing! Is it Mike's amazing cultivar we saw at the tour? no clue
15) ? President Reagan might be the nicest I've seen in person, photo does not do it justice

Para 16.JPG

Don't recall how big these leaves were, Captain Gilbert Cutler or Thomas Edison, I'm leaning towards the later.

Last edited: