Its Official

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Been busy here in the Moose Land. As of this morning's plantings there are now 300 different cultivars planted in the ground. There are more that need planting, but I'm running out options for proper sun exposure.

Been busy here in the Moose Land. As of this morning's plantings there are now 300 different cultivars planted in the ground. There are more that need planting, but I'm running out options for proper sun exposure.
I am going to be excited when I get to 100 cultivars, never mind 300. Moose Land sounds like Croton Heaven. I want to see more photos to see how Moose Land is developing.

Ron......your passion is second to none! I really look forward in coming down for the tour, and will probably have a truckload of other croton peeps also excited about coming. My neighbor can't come but has expressed interest in putting air layers on my plants that day while I'm away. Says he wants to practice some! Lol. With 300 varieties now, your croton garden/collection will be and should be compared with some of the other great croton gardens of all time here in south Florida.

Ron......your passion is second to none! I really look forward in coming down for the tour, and will probably have a truckload of other croton peeps also excited about coming. My neighbor can't come but has expressed interest in putting air layers on my plants that day while I'm away. Says he wants to practice some! Lol. With 300 varieties now, your croton garden/collection will be and should be compared with some of the other great croton gardens of all time here in south Florida.

Thank you for your kind words, especially from someone who probably has 600 crotons dispersed around his two acres. Lamar, Mike Harris and Mike Woolery certainly have better collections then the Moose Land. They inspire me.

I am going to be excited when I get to 100 cultivars, never mind 300. Moose Land sounds like Croton Heaven. I want to see more photos to see how Moose Land is developing.

Karl - you are well on your way. When you attend the garden tours and get to better know some of crotonheads, lots of trading happens. You will find most are very generous about spreading their love of crotons. I would say at least half my crotons have been acquired through trading and gifts. As Bob Alonso told me a few years back, its all about promoting these wonderful plants and getting new people to introduce them into their gardens.