Hate to See Them Go To Waste

Hi Randy, I am willing to pay the shipping cost (the plants in plastic in the box without pots) and your time; I do not care what you have :) I do not care about their names either :)

Hi Bren & Pix,

Bren, I'll try to put together a list ASAP, but I have quite a few in all different sizes & they have to go by the end of this month. Please PM me if you're looking for anything specific.

Pix, With packing, repairs, moving, life etc I just don't have the time to ship at this time.

-Randy

Bren, It's better if you called me & I can explain sizes, cultivars, etc. (954 292-3095) cell. I hate writing down them all then typing, ehhh. Anyone call also.

-Randy

Whatever Randy doesn't sell or take to his temporary digs will probably end up here at the last minute. I don't have much room left, but none of his plants are going into the trash. No worries, mate.

Screw the zoo. They fired Scott for no reason. They never thanked us for the Crotons and most of them ended up in the trash after Scott was gone.

No good deed ever goes unpunished. Been on the receiving end of those decision before.

You know Lamar - the older I get the more that often is often the case.
The is a Boy Scout Camp in Broward called Camp Seminole that got devastated by Wilma. It was almost all Australian Pine that got tumbled over like dominoes. A call went out from the district for native trees to reforest the camp sites. Someone generously donated 85 delivered 45 gallon oak trees that were absolutely gorgeous. They sat there for 6 months and never saw the hose. All died. When plants are donated - the recipients hold no value to them because they are free.

I still have quite a few crotons in pots & duplicates of them in the ground. Come on by & see what you need within the next few weeks!

Well, if you have not been by Randy's - that was your big mistake. Randy started his collection about the time I did. He has a mini mist house that has been kept packed for a couple of years now. What he had were collector's crotons in 3's and 1's.

I came away with 9 cultivars I did not already have. For someone who already has 328 different cultivars - that is quite the score. Plus I got another three unknowns that will be monitored. Randy also shoved a bunch into the back of the truck that were duplicated I already had. Those were distributed to two neighbors, plus another 4 are being delivered to some friends this afternoon.

Thank you so much for your generosity Randy !!! :happy-dance:

I still have quite a few crotons in pots & duplicates of them in the ground. Come on by & see what you need within the next few weeks!
Good Morning,

I am new to the forum, posting my first comments on the cordyline pages over the past week or so. Ron had suggested that I check out the croton forum and I am glad I did. I have a limited number of crotons, about 50 different cultivars, and am always looking for more. I have only been collecting a few years, since moving to Florida for a teaching position in Vero Beach. I drive all over the state to get plants and Boca Raton would be an easy drive. I am limited to weekends and my Spring Break week, but would enjoy coming down to pick up some plants if you still have some left.
Thanks,
Karl

Good Morning,

I am new to the forum, posting my first comments on the cordyline pages over the past week or so. Ron had suggested that I check out the croton forum and I am glad I did. I have a limited number of crotons, about 50 different cultivars, and am always looking for more. I have only been collecting a few years, since moving to Florida for a teaching position in Vero Beach. I drive all over the state to get plants and Boca Raton would be an easy drive. I am limited to weekends and my Spring Break week, but would enjoy coming down to pick up some plants if you still have some left.
Thanks,
Karl
Hi Karl, Sorry, but I'm pretty cleaned out. I'm moving the remainder of my collection to my new place on Saturday & any extras are going in the ground for spring air layers. Where were you last week? I gave a bunch away already.

-Randy

Hi Karl, Sorry, but I'm pretty cleaned out. I'm moving the remainder of my collection to my new place on Saturday & any extras are going in the ground for spring air layers. Where were you last week? I gave a bunch away already.

-Randy
Randy,

I just started reading through the croton forum in the last couple of days. I had been focusing on the cordylines, so missed your post. Now I know better and will be keeping an eye open for other opportunities.
Thanks,
Karl

You're rubbing it in, Ron, and you should:p. Wish so much it was less of a drive for me. So many trips down that way this spring. Just can't do one more, I don't think. But I do keep thinking about it.

With the painting of the house and the coming arctic front, I was unable to get to the repotting of these until today. Some where just to large for their small container. Fresh soil and a little bit of Harrell's dressed on the top, the should be very happy in about 30 days. Spent all morning placing all my containerized crotons in proper lighting, back hurts.