COME ON SPRING ....seedlings cutting and airlayers.......

Kingdavid

Esteemed Member
17/09/12
View of the babies.......
050.JPG

My plants have been thinking it was spring from mid December,I have had continuous growth all winter.Even my croton scale have been very happy over the past 60 days or so :)

My plants have been thinking it was spring from mid December,I have had continuous growth all winter.Even my croton scale have been very happy over the past 60 days or so :)
We keep bumping those 38 or 39 degree nights every couple of weeks ... even the airlayers wont do there thing with that kinda cold ...

My November layers were almsot like summer (4-5 weeks for rooting) The cool snap we have had over the past few weeks have definitely slowed things down here.But March is right around the corner :)

Beautifull ...BLACK IRENNE KINGSLEY .....................absolutely pitch black sport from Irenne Kingsley some have a single red spot

Attachments

• 131.JPG
    131.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 182
  • 129.JPG
    129.JPG
    165 KB · Views: 173
View attachment 30756

Not familiar with this cultivar but it is appealing. Wonder if it was ever called by another name?
I have 3 of these and that was the name on the tag when i got them . I even questioned the guy .... he said again Red Ruiz , it looks unlike any of the plants i have , and always red only . If we ever get done with the cold fronts i will put some air layers on . the ones i did in Jan are going real slow just a few roots

Wow!!!! David, always enjoy seeing your plants! What colors! ...... MOTHER NATURE never ceases to amaze me! Complements! ....Mark

Spring may not be too far away,long range weather forecast for Plantation shows next 10 consecutive days in the 80's??I will be fertilizing everything this weekend

i agree ..........but that last cold spell with 30 degrees is starting to show the ugly side.... lottttsssss of leaf drop , lottssss of burnt leaves 30 degrees really sucks even getting up at 4 am and continually spraying warm water doesnt prevent problems ....Very Bummed out .....

David - you experienced 31 F and a bit of ice. It is very disheartening to see lush gorgeous plants just 10 days prior and then the aftermath. What matters is that your stuff survived. If you had not watered at the peak cold period, I'm sure there would have been dead stems and some casualties. By June everything should be screaming back.

David - you experienced 31 F and a bit of ice. It is very disheartening to see lush gorgeous plants just 10 days prior and then the aftermath. What matters is that your stuff survived. If you had not watered at the peak cold period, I'm sure there would have been dead stems and some casualties. By June everything should be screaming back.
Well said i can handle leaf drop . Just sets you back a little bit .I hit them with 60 gal of liquid today ... let the rain tomorrow soak it in ..

Hey David, hang in there it looks like you came thru pretty will. I think this infernal wind has done me more harm than our little bit of cool here in Plantation. We have more days of 35 plus mph than I can remember.
image.jpg

David,
You have some beauties. I look forward to coming down at some point in the near future and buying some more crotons. I got 10 of the 13 from Jeff's sale in the ground yesterday and know where the last 3 will be going. Spring Break is plant week for me. I will be heading out to Pine Island to visit a few of the nurseries there and have the plant sale at Harry Leu Botanical Garden on Saturday. This time of the year is when I start spending far more money than I should on plants. :)