On A Chilly Morning ...

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Drinking a warm cup of coffee walking around the garden as the sun was rising I took this photo. Its one of my unknowns - any help ?

What.JPG

General Mcarthur complex??

The term "General MacArthur Complex" seems to have worked its way into the Croton Crowd's vernacular. Since known or named crotons must be vegetatively reproduced, it is either a General MacArthur or it is not. It seems to me that many crotons we are not sure of get lumped into the MacArthur Complex.

Mike - by the way, this one came from you. Alas it will probably remain an unknown but it looks better then my confirmed General MacArthur. Its a great looking plant and I am thankful that you gave it to me. :cool:

I think that complex has been used for Genarel Mac and Columbiana because there are so many plants that look similar but are not exactly the same.On my Columbiana I could take 4 cuttings and give them each all a different name if I wanted :)

I think that complex has been used for Genarel Mac and Columbiana because there are so many plants that look similar but are not exactly the same.On my Columbiana I could take 4 cuttings and give them each all a different name if I wanted :)

Mike - this one sometimes looks like Columbiana and other times does not (like now). Not looking its best after a spider mite infestation sucked the color and vigor from the plant.

Colum.JPG

Hey Anna... seems I've been getting a lot a huge leaves, the Columbiana measures 15 inches from the end of the petiole. My Lt Paget, Excellent, Jungle Queen, Capt. Gilbert Cutler are really pumping out some huge leaves as well.
20150201_123645.jpg