UNDER THE OLD OAK TREE

Duke of Winsor ... Air layer (red)
488.JPG
486.JPG

I must be the last person on this forum who has not broke down and got one of those mini mist houses. :(
The dang things work great .Even with the cold nights it keeps on ROOTN ...Next one i get will be the 12 x 20 size tho . I can fill this one in 10 minutes

Beautiful Arrowhead, David! Hey, the reason your Mrs. Robinson hasn't gone in the wiki in the past, despite your reminders is that there's been a lot of past confusion on its identity and its name. http://www.palmpedia.net/forum/threads/and-heres-to-you-mrs-robinson.1916/#post-32566. You can search under the name to see more discussion. It is a nice plant, though, and if we get the identity in the future, I'd be happy to put it in, of course.

Nice,one day soon I hope we will be able to keep one.They are not endangered anymore

They became endangered for being what they are - eating machines. Anything that passes by that can fit in their months = whoosh gone. Having to gain a substantial size to have egg bearing females was the reproduction problem. It looks like the population is rebounding. Hopefully as they become the dominant bottom species again, they develop a taste for the invasive Lion Fish.

I find it ironic that the common name was changed to Goliath to be politically correct. Never have I heard a complaint from any Jewish organization. Been around many Jewish Captains and Anglers - most were in favor of the historical name. Most joked "what are they gonna do, change Jewfish Creek to Goliath Grouper Creek"?

Delicious meat, however - know for concentrations of ciguatera in the flesh. Not a very nice disease to contract.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/HEALTHINFO/DISCOND/Pages/CiguateraFishPoisoning.aspx

David,Holiday Greetings for everyone first, how much history do you have on Kloe that has all bases covered color growth habit the hole ball of wax.
image.jpg

David,Holiday Greetings for everyone first, how much history do you have on Kloe that has all bases covered color growth habit the hole ball of wax. View attachment 30127
I got 3 cuttings 2 years ago from a guy in Jensen bch . He was a Cuban guy said it came from Cuba . Said he had no idea of the name , so now ive seen nothing like it not even close so i stuck my grandaughters name on it Kloe King . The colors are very brite and lots of colored speckles , lots of deep pinks . I went to see him recently and has sold the house and moved to parts unknown . The mother plant was beautifull . All the plants arent there any more . That is were a lot of my original cutting came from . Sure hoped he still has them . If anyone has one like it id love to know about it , and see some pictures . His was a stalky plant 4 ft x 4 ft wide . Mayby its a hybrid from Cuba . Its finally grown to the size to be able to do an airlayer or 2 .....