What do y'all say...

Attachments

• Mrs. Robinson fr triadplants.jpg
    Mrs. Robinson fr triadplants.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 291
  • Reliance 2010-11-04.jpg
    Reliance 2010-11-04.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 312
Now that I look at the two photos above they do look different...
Problem is I just bought a Mrs. Robinson that arrived in the mail today and it sure looks a lot like my Reliance in the above picture...
Anyone know if they are the same thing?

No fog on this one. It's been Kelly for sometime. The name Mrs. Robinson is not a valid name outside the trade. It does however remind me of a classic Simon & Garfunkel song. You have Kelly on the left and Johanna Coppinger Sport (Reliance) on the right. Some folks also refer to Reliance as Willy.

No fog on this one. It's been Kelly for sometime. The name Mrs. Robinson is not a valid name outside the trade. It does however remind me of a classic Simon & Garfunkel song. You have Kelly on the left and Johanna Coppinger Sport (Reliance) on the right. Some folks also refer to Reliance as Willy.

Ray - is Kelly the same the Colin Kelly? :confused:

here's a pick of Colin Kelly; original came from Blauman's back in 2001 and it has been a slow grower for me.
Other is of Leota from Scott Dozier; not a good example since it is buried in shade and quite similar to very first pic in this thread.
Most Coppinger varieties like Reliance, FDR, etc. have 'shoulders' but are not tri-lobed or semi oak.

Attachments

• DSCN2847.jpg
    DSCN2847.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 260
  • DSCN2848.jpg
    DSCN2848.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 261
here's a pick of Colin Kelly; original came from Blauman's back in 2001 and it has been a slow grower for me.
Other is of Leota from Scott Dozier; not a good example since it is buried in shade and quite similar to very first pic in this thread.
Most Coppinger varieties like Reliance, FDR, etc. have 'shoulders' but are not tri-lobed or semi oak.

Thanks Ray, now I am really confused. :confused:

Ray - I was under the impression that Willy looks just like a Reliance with the exception that it has a wide coloring band paralleling the main leaf vein. The Reliance coloring along the main leaf vein is much narrower and pronounced. :confused:

This was from Home Depot and had no ID, but it looks like Mrs. Robinson to me.
IMG_1667.jpg

Not to be confused with the non-bogus Mrs. Robertson found on page 34 of A CODIAEUM ENCYCLOPEDIA CROTONS OF THE WORLD. Is anyone growing this one? Don't recall seeing one on any of the many Croton tours. :confused:

Mrs  Robinson.jpg
Not a real great pic, but this is my mrs robinson ..... or should I rephrase that comment as " what I believeve to be Mrs. Robinson"

I see that, and maybe it should go in? I need help, people, because I don't know what to do. Even if initially the name was wrong, many people seem to have this as Mrs. Robinson, so it seems to have become the common name and perhaps it should go in as Mrs. Robinson? What do you all think? I need help, people!!!

I see that, and maybe it should go in? I need help, people, because I don't know what to do. Even if initially the name was wrong, many people seem to have this as Mrs. Robinson, so it seems to have become the common name and perhaps it should go in as Mrs. Robinson? What do you all think? I need help, people!!!

Ana, why not enter it as an aka - Kelly aka Mrs. Robinson?

CAM00850.jpg
Here's what I purchased as Mrs. Robinson recently. Mark and I might have gotten it from the same vendor. The photos don't show the vibrant red that this plant has.

Attachments

• CAM00849.jpg
    CAM00849.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 210
I have a green/yellow Willy/Reliance I took this air layer two years ago from a plant that was killed from a falling tree branch. It is the only one I have seen that holds the green/yellow only very faint red blush on some leaves.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Second picture shows the normal color on the plant to the right along with Nestor and a few others in close and cuddley.

Marie, I think that's a great solution. Whatever it's name or names, it is a lovely plant and deserves a place. Now it will have two places. David, thanks for your persistence, and thanks to the others who showed their Mrs. Robinsons/Kelly(ies) to show how widespread they are and that they were obtained with the same name. We solved this one, now if we could solve some others and clear up a little more fog?

image.jpg
image.jpg
This is a 20 month old volunteer seedling on the west end of our pool deck. Should we name it Benjamin Braddock? Circa 1967.

Just tought I' d post my reliance... as to what relivance I honestly don't recall...... Ha Ha....

the planter box to the side is one of last year keys box turtle.... stopped by for some banana and papaya...and finished off with a lil bit of homegrown carambola... lol..... have a white rabbit runnin round too....

Attachments

• Reliance.jpg
    Reliance.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 220
I have a green/yellow Willy/Reliance I took this air layer two years ago from a plant that was killed from a falling tree branch. It is the only one I have seen that holds the green/yellow only very faint red blush on some leaves.View attachment 30056View attachment 30057 Second picture shows the normal color on the plant to the right along with Nestor and a few others in close and cuddley.
The green lizards from HELL love this plant......They eat it to the wood.