2014 Ramble at Fairchild Nov. 7 - 9

Marie Nock

04/07/09
So much has been happening I almost forgot to post a notice on the 2014 Ramble at Fairchild this weekend. There will be a number of vendors with crotons and a wide array of other tropicals. The Ramble is always a great event. Hope you can make it.

I would love to know ,

How was the turnout of people?
How were the sales? Anybody buying a decent amount of plants? Or the usual small amount and small plants?
The Ramble does only a fraction of which it used to in years past. The attendance and plant purchases are way down.

Hope you had a very good sale, Marie.

I would love to know ,

How was the turnout of people?
How were the sales? Anybody buying a decent amount of plants? Or the usual small amount and small plants?
The Ramble does only a fraction of which it used to in years past. The attendance and plant purchases are way down.

Hope you had a very good sale, Marie.

Well, the Ramble is always fun no matter what. Friday and Saturday were similar to last year but the rain all day Sunday kept all but the diehards away. From this Forum Ray, his wife and cute new baby girl were there, Kip and Janet, and Andy and Bill. Jose, Richard Button and Steve and I were selling the more unusual crotons; other vendors had the more common varieties. Fairchild is usually our best customer and they were again - wanting very large aroids.

I think the organizers who plan these sales need to get a little smarter.It was always a poor idea to have 4 palm sales over 4 consecutive weekends.Maybe 2 in Nov and 2 in Feb