Is Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves or Allspice in Hawaii?

Ranger - sounds like you live in Kaloko??? So do we. :)

Do you know Garrett Webb, of Kalaoa Gardens??? Next time I see him, I'll try and remember to ask. If anyone would know, he would.

I did a Google search for Garrett Webb, of Kalaoa Gardens, and I was shocked to see the Palms in Kona website mentioned. I used to hang out at their cul-de-sac on Laui Street , between runs, when I was a taxi driver. I even made a video there one time, where I recorded some of these large, black, plum-like, palm fruits on the side of the road. Someone there described them as, "Bismarckia", I think. The http://nativeplants.hawaii.edu/nursery/view/kalaoagardens website even gives the wrong spelling for the Palms in Kona street name. I bet THAT messed up some people's searches for Palms in Kona. I found it online, because I knew exactly where to search on the map. But no, I never knew anyone by name there, and I never saw anything besides palm trees there.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Is Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves or Allspice in Hawaii, on the Big Island? If yes, where? I want to see them and smell them, and maybe buy a tree if it would survive at 3,000 feet on the Big Island.
I live in south Florida zone 10 and have a Allspice tree that I grew from seeds out of a spice jar. You will love the smell of the leaves and the wood is used for jerk BBQ much like Guava in Hawaii

I live in south Florida zone 10 and have a Allspice tree that I grew from seeds out of a spice jar. You will love the smell of the leaves and the wood is used for jerk BBQ much like Guava in Hawaii
You grew from seeds out of a spice jar? Are you saying that you bought a bottle of allspice berries at a grocery store, and were able to grow them? Is that how I can do it?

Or I can send you fresh seed from my garden to grow allspice like no problem. Spices I have grown from spice jars would include caraway, red pepper, celery seed, fenugreek, cumin, mustard, alfalfa, clover, pigeon peas, corriander, cubeb berry, fennel, nigella, and green cardamon. have not had luck with poppy seeds heard they are heat treated don't if it is true but sorry no opium for you. Try spice rack lots of fun

Or I can send you fresh seed from my garden to grow allspice like no problem. Spices I have grown from spice jars would include caraway, red pepper, celery seed, fenugreek, cumin, mustard, alfalfa, clover, pigeon peas, corriander, cubeb berry, fennel, nigella, and green cardamon. have not had luck with poppy seeds heard they are heat treated don't if it is true but sorry no opium for you. Try spice rack lots of fun
Otay, I'll take the allspice seeds. But I read online that they have to pass through a bird, to germinate. I don't really know. Fenugreek? THAT'S a new one to me. I'll take the cumin seeds you got. Oh my, most people don't realize that the predominate scent in a jar of chili powder is cumin. I LOVE cumin. Cubeb berry? Never heard of that one either. I don't know nigella either. I don't really need opium poppy seeds, as it's not worth the legal hassles, just for pretty flowers. I have Mexican Tulip Poppies in my yard. I can trade you the poppy seeds; and some Ruby Hybrid, red, sweet corn seeds; and possibly some Glass Gem, corn seeds. If you're serious about trading, let me know, here, and I'll try to private message you.

Otay, I'll take the allspice seeds. But I read online that they have to pass through a bird, to germinate. I don't really know. Fenugreek? THAT'S a new one to me. I'll take the cumin seeds you got. Oh my, most people don't realize that the predominate scent in a jar of chili powder is cumin. I LOVE cumin. Cubeb berry? Never heard of that one either. I don't know nigella either. I don't really need opium poppy seeds, as it's not worth the legal hassles, just for pretty flowers. I have Mexican Tulip Poppies in my yard. I can trade you the poppy seeds; and some Ruby Hybrid, red, sweet corn seeds; and possibly some Glass Gem, corn seeds. If you're serious about trading, let me know, here, and I'll try to private message you.
PM me your address and E-mail I'll put something together for you Kip