Waterfall-Ron Kiefert
Hot and Steamy-Randy Weisner
King of Siam-David King
Mrs. W.F. Dreer- Ricky Ginsburg
Princess Eugenia-Ron Kiefert
Sailor's Delight- Tim O'Donnel
Lauren's Rainbow- Scott McIntosh

Today's entries:

All the following were from the 2001 Croton Society Calendar and were submitted by Perry Edge:

February- Disraeli
April- Aureomaculatum
May- Amabile
June- Andreanum with Undulatum/Piecrust/Mortimer
July- Compte de Castelaine
August- Rheedii
September- Punctatum
October- Van Houtti
November- Johannis
December- Madam Fernand Kohl

Today's entries:

Stoplight- Stan Matthews- submitted by Kurt Decker
John Bender-"
Mona Lisa-"
Cornbread-"
General Paget-"
King of Siam-"
Cronstadt-"
Interruptum-"
Madam Fernand Kohl- Marnie Valent
Dolores-Marnie Valent
Caribbean Star- Marnie Valent and Scott McIntosh
Cameo- Ron Kiefert

Today's entries:

Pop's Yard-Bren Funaro
Poopsie McGillicuty- Bren Funaro
Dave McClean #93- Jim and Judy Glock's garden- photo by Randy Weisner
General MacArthur-Randy Weisner
John Criswick-Randy Weisner

*Uh oh... would some of you look at Randy's John Criswick and compare to the others in the wiki and give your opinion as to whether it is the same cultivar? Randy, what do you think? If not, what could this beauty be? I just took another look and am questioning the ID. Anyone?

Last edited:
Today's entries:
*Uh oh... would some of you look at Randy's John Criswick and compare to the others in the wiki and give your opinion as to whether it is the same cultivar? Randy, what do you think? If not, what could this beauty be? I just took another look and am questioning the ID. Anyone?

Ana,
A few years ago John Criswick brought me two cuttings of John Criswick. One was for me and one for Jesse Durko. I rooted them and took one to Jesse. Randy told me he was able to buy the John Criswick from Jesse and it still had my tag in it. I think the reason it looks a little different is that Randy's is grown in less light than mine. So, I think it's the real deal.
Marie

It was in pretty poor condition when I bought it, only a couple of leaves. This one didn't have a tag, but the one next to it had Marie's tag buried in the pot. They were both in the same condition & cheap, so I took a chance.:p

Randy, that looks like the Orange Mona Lisa that we brought in from Hawaii. I put the name on it because it looked so much like a Mona Lisa. The Red Mona Lisa is from Australia and looks very different from a Mona Lisa. Did you get it from me?

Yes Marie, over a year ago. Is it "Orange" Mona Lisa or Red. It finally cleared it's neighbors & is getting more sun.

Yes Marie, over a year ago. Is it "Orange" Mona Lisa or Red. It finally cleared it's neighbors & is getting more sun.

Well, Randy I was wrong in what I stated above. I just googled Red Mona Lisa in Australia and the picture I saw was close enough to call the one that you and I have Red Mona Lisa. I had called it Orange Mona Lisa because the plant I remembered seeing was different. I'll change my name tags.

http://www.itfgs.org/index.php/wppg_photogallery/crotons/#prettyphoto[group]/42/ is the url for the photo of it.

Bren, I wish I could take credit for it, but this software does it on its own. It also does a happy face every time you use the word happy, an excited face for woot (as in Wooten's Beauty) something for stop (as in stoplight), and other things I can't remember right now. I've got to admit I snickered when I saw the poop in poopsie though.

Actually, I see Dean removed the happy face at someone's request and maybe the stopsign or whatever it was. I don't think he's seen the poop or the woot maybe. Oops, it didn't do the poop this time? Too bad.

Today's entries:

Excellent- David King

Hi Ana,
The plant entered as Excellent is what I think people decided is Gloriosa Superba. The first plant in the wiki is Excellent. There is an old thread on this somewhere. I got my first plant as an Inca, then it was called Excellente and now Gloriosa Superba. A lot of growers sell this as Excellente though. It comes up from Central America with that name.

Ithought it was Gloriosa Superba but everyone kept telling me its Excellent . I believe you are correct i will change my id . Thanks Marie . My old Excellent have rounder leaves .

some photos for the wiki:

Marigold/Yellow Duke of Windsor
Fred Sanders
Zanzibar
East coast angel wing
Delaware (secondary)
Philadelphia
Lillian Stoffregen

Well, Randy I was wrong in what I stated above. I just googled Red Mona Lisa in Australia and the picture I saw was close enough to call the one that you and I have Red Mona Lisa. I had called it Orange Mona Lisa because the plant I remembered seeing was different. I'll change my name tags.

http://www.itfgs.org/index.php/wppg_photogallery/crotons/#prettyphoto[group]/42/ is the url for the photo of it.
Thanks for the great link Marie love the Cordyline photos

Today's entries:

Dr. Frank Brown- Andy Finlayson
Norma Jean-Andy Finlayson
General MacArthur- Andy Finlayson
Zulu/Noblissima- Mike Woolery
Czar Alexander III- Mike Woolery
Bonnie's Beauty- Phil Stager
Pride of Wynmere- Phil Stager
Strawberry- Phil Stager
Coppinger's Frank Brown- Phil Stager
Victoria Gold Bells-Ron Kiefert
Tortoise Shell/Tortoise Back- Mike Woolery and Ricky Ginsburg
Seminole Queen- Stan Wood
Princess Eugenia- Stan Wood

Today's entries are from the 2005 Croton Society Calendar. They are all Ralph Davis Hybrids. These were submitted by Perry Edge:

February- Davis 3/Honeycomb
March- President Eisenhower
April- The Clown (clown)
May- Davis Estate
June- Ruby Davis
July- Inca
August- Dr. Frank Brown
September- Playboy
October- Davis Hybrid
November- Moonglow
December- Davis 14

Also I entered my Monarch- Ana Bowers