Ron Kiefert's croton landscape photos

annafl

Esteemed Member
ack 1.JPG
ack 2.JPG

Nellie Halgrim was not so happy when I got home. Kinda droopy from mucho heat and no rain. Now I know how Ana is feeling about her garden this summer.

She got watered and perked up after a couple of hours.

What is the one on the right in post 24 called ? And big leaf one hanging over the fence in 6 ?? thanks Beautifull by the way ....

David =

Davis #1 is fairly common to croton lovers, but not is not widely found as a typical landscape plant.

C. I. Craigin is found in around my area in landscapes, but there are many homes here from the 1930's and 40's. I actually got this plant as an air layer from a church several blocks away. It was growing behind the church's marquee and the maintenance people kept hacking at it every year. A couple of discreet air layers went unnoticed. Its still there getting hacked, its progeny is larger and looks better then the source plant.

David =

Davis #1 is fairly common to croton lovers, but not is not widely found as a typical landscape plant.

C. I. Craigin is found in around my area in landscapes, but there are many homes here from the 1930's and 40's. I actually got this plant as an air layer from a church several blocks away. It was growing behind the church's marquee and the maintenance people kept hacking at it every year. A couple of discreet air layers went unnoticed. Its still there getting hacked, its progeny is larger and looks better then the source plant.
I saw both plants at a house got the C I , they did good , his is a lot whiter than mine , but they are still young . Thanks for imfo

What is the bottom right on 29 ...... i want one , that is killer

David - that is Robert Halgrim. Its pretty darn slow and does not want to branch. I reluctantly had to take off one growing point because it had turned green and would not color up. I waited a year, then snip. The emerging bud produced the desired variegated leaves. Notice I used the singular "bud".

David =

I know the Church...;) I took a picture of it when Cookie and I were driving around the hood.:MeanWeed