Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
Saturday flood.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just asking, I have seen leaves with one side longer like a thumb but this seems different. Does anyone recognize this one.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Wow, looks like you all have had your fill! Wish I could take some of it for you. My yard would appreciate it. Yesterday we finally had a 10 minute sprinkle, and today, we had almost an inch! Thank goodness. We hadn't had rain in weeks.

Really hot here in Tampa also with a high today of 99F and no rain for about a week now.

Scott, the lack of rain here this summer with the suffocating heat has been incredible and hard to take. I've never seen a summer like this. It seems like everyone around me is getting rain, at least occassionally, but we are always sidestepped. Just when I have a lot of plants that need to get established, too.

A very strange summer indeed. The usual afternoon storms have come in the morning hours and few and far between I got to hear the thunder yesterday from near by storms, but nothing here. Another scorcher here yesterday with 96F and a feels like temp of 115F.

Its rained where I work 5 miles away the last three days. Here, not a drop. Dark clouds, temperatures drop, thunder all around - nothing. I had to drag the hose at sunset yesterday - some wilting going on. At least the humidity keep the leaves wet overnight.

Yay! But you forgot to send us some. We are truly melting.
Anna, Sorry to hear you are not getting some relief. If I had the power to send some you way I would share. Sitting at a nice rain cooled 81f now after a scorching 96f afternoon.

Rain, finally!!! Over a half inch fell right in my yard yesterday! Watching the radar desperately, I just knew it would split north and south and leave us dry as usual, but no, mercy at last. I can hear the happy toads calling to each other. Rain is such a miracle. No hose dragging today! Yay!

Still dragging the hose here. The sky got real dark, temps dropped and a 5 minute sprinkle. Not enough to wet the leaves. No evidence of the sprinkle after 10 minutes.

Suppose to rain tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Rain, finally!!! Over a half inch fell right in my yard yesterday! Watching the radar desperately, I just knew it would split north and south and leave us dry as usual, but no, mercy at last. I can hear the happy toads calling to each other. Rain is such a miracle. No hose dragging today! Yay!
Anna, Good to hear you finally got some rain. Yesterday was the day the storms did the split north and south of me. I did get to hear the thunder and got the cooler down draft winds from the storms to drop the temps a bit in late afternoon.

So sorry, Ron. Now you know what my whole summer's been like. Unbelievable! At least you've been getting good amounts up until now. I have not had a good growing season yet. Maybe now?

A rain shower showed up an hour after my post. Of course I was watering at the time. Enough to chase me inside but not enough to quench all the thirsty babies. I'm happy to get whatever I can, even if the duration is only 12 minutes.

Actually Ana, my thoughts have been with you when I am dragging the hose. When I start to bitching, my reflections quickly return to your dry situation that has been ongoing for much of the rainy season. My complaining ceases.