Ti Plant Branching

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
There was some mention in another thread about a chemical used to induce branching in Ti Plants. Here is my method - otherwise known as "neglect." :RakeBash2

IMG_1539PT.jpg IMG_1541PT.jpg IMG_1538PT.jpg IMG_1540PT.jpg IMG_1542PT.jpg

I have a few that do that also when they do the lean. I really need to stake the tall ones but never get around to it.

This is a great way to get new breaks on the ti cane. I have had this happen on a Ficus dammaropsis and it has sprouted branches all along the trunk of the part that is lying on the ground. I hear they are rare, so I might try air layering these branches. Will they root if I remove some, or is this a hard to root plant?

I hear it is not hard to air layer, but is hard to keep alive immediately after severing the air layer from the tree. But that is how all of them are propagated now. I was told there is no seed, as the moth that germinated the flower is extinct.

Go for it. The small plants sell for good prices.

I hear it is not hard to air layer, but is hard to keep alive immediately after severing the air layer from the tree. But that is how all of them are propagated now. I was told there is no seed, as the moth that germinated the flower is extinct.

Go for it. The small plants sell for good prices.
Thanks for the info.