4th of July Sparkle

Wilma.JPG

Can't find my acquisition list but I may recall that I got this Wilma from Marie Nock.

Stopped raining, gotta get some more potting done. Here is the last naming for now ...

Potter\'s Pink Veitchii.JPG

From Dr. B. Frank Brown's garden, Potter's Pink Veitchii that is exploding and should be morphing into wonderful vivid pinks soon.

Thanks for the great pictures and for providing the names. I know most posters on this forum already are familiar with what they are, but for newer croton enthusiasts the names are very helpful.

Mosaic.JPG

This huge plant is still in its container. It was brought to my job and I had one of the teachers taking care of it. She did such a good job that I ended up giving it to her. Stepped up several times, it simply got too big to handle, weighing over 100 lbs. Brought it home to air layer so she can enjoy growing new plants. This was a gift from Mike Woolery many moons ago, Mosaic.

Daybreak.JPG

Another of my favorites, Daybreak. I have not been able to take a photo that can exhibit how wonderful this cultivar truly looks like as seen in person. Many leaves are 24 inches long. I've never taken a clipping nor an air layer from it. It has branched on its own and my desire is to see it evolve into a monster plant. It rarely flowers. Mike Woolery (Bullwinkle) was the source.

Mary Ann Jones.JPG

This is Mary Ann Jones that I got from Richard Button at the 2013 Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society Show & Sale. The multiple tiny spotting all over its leaves looks even better in person.

QUOTE="Moose, post: 49238, member: 450"]Since its still raining, The Wiki Queen has spoken ... :rolleyes:

View attachment 27172
From Marie Nock as Irresistible. To me it resembles the Richard Krukonis seen in Frank Brown's book more than any other version I've seen. What do you think ?[/QUOTE]
Ron, i see what you mean about the resemblance to Krukonis. Very cool

Moose, my seedling looks a bit like your plant. What do you think?View attachment 27339 View attachment 27340

Tim - your seedling has similarities but is distinct. On Dr. Alix, sometimes the outer lobe leaves form. I see some interesting veining and bands of colors on yours that I don't recall seeing on the Dr. Alix.

Nice plant - would not have a problem if your top got rooted and headed my way. You need to encourage it to branch. ;)