Mystery Croton

Perry Edge

06/07/09
I found this croton in a yard in St. Petersburg. Lee has seen it and Bob Alonzo has seen the photo and they don't know what is... DSC09656.JPG

Attachments

• DSC09659.JPG
    DSC09659.JPG
    321.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC09657.JPG
    DSC09657.JPG
    321.9 KB · Views: 88
I have no idea. If Bob and Lee don't know ... ? :confused:

What I do know is that it looks awesome and needs to get shared so it does not become another lost cultivar! :cool:

Perry - thank you for posting these photos. Very nice plant. :)

No, it is definitely not the Helen Edge, but looks like it could become the "Karen Edge" if it remains unidentified. Now I just need to find another one to name after my daughter!

Perry,
You have a knack for finding great crotons. Helen Edge is still one of my favorites. I have no idea what this one is but it's very nice.

Welcome to the Forum.
Marie

Any updated photos of Karen Edge ? :)
The Karen Edge went very flat on me...it lost its color, and growth slowed to a crawl. In a desperate attempt to resurrrect it, at the last gathering I gave it to Judy who graciously agreed to adopt it and take it to the keys (you know how great crotons grown there look). I know it's in the ground; perhaps Judy could give us an update?

Perry, Look under Randy's post of Jim& Judy's Keys Gems. Post #1, picture #8. The small croton to the right of the Davis hybrid is Karen Edge. It has been very slow for me as well!