Society Calendars

Perry Edge

06/07/09
We have a new page for the Croton Society's calendars. Two calendars (2007, 2010) have been posted so far, with many more to come. This link has also been placed on the croton encyclopedia as well.

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/THE_CROTON_SOCIETY_CALENDAR_PAGE

WARNING: in viewing this page, you may experience sensory overload. It is a stunning display of great crotons. Kudos to the Society for bringing us these great images. Lamar, your dream is becoming a reality. Phil, I have 5 more calendars to load, then I'll be knocking on your door for the rest. Enjoy!

Great job guys, I miss the good work done by the worker bee's of the old society. I am guilty of the sin of taking a great gift as an automatic right. Let me know when you need what I have, glad to share.
image.jpg

Native Son - would it be possible for you to arrange your calendars in a photo from left to right somehow - so I would have a "banner" type photo to place at the top of the Calendar Page. It would make a nice introductory heading.

I couldn't help but notice that the 2007 calendar has many cultivars I've never heard of and I'm not sure exist anymore. Should all those go in the wiki?
I think it's very important to include them as part of overall croton history. The Renfroes deserve recognition for creating such amazing hybrids. Unfortunately, some cultivars didn't make it into the mainstream, which is sad to contemplate, but it happens. But, just as the Ivory Bill woodpecker is now thought to be extinct in the U.S.; nonetheless some bird guides still show that species, so that people will know what to look for.

We have a new page for the Croton Society's calendars. Two calendars (2007, 2010) have been posted so far, with many more to come. This link has also been placed on the croton encyclopedia as well.

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/THE_CROTON_SOCIETY_CALENDAR_PAGE

WARNING: in viewing this page, you may experience sensory overload. It is a stunning display of great crotons. Kudos to the Society for bringing us these great images. Lamar, your dream is becoming a reality. Phil, I have 5 more calendars to load, then I'll be knocking on your door for the rest. Enjoy!
Mr Perry Edge jusy wondering if you ever got a chance to see the Charlemagne croton that yall had on one of the covers possibly 2007 ? got a cutting about then it is a slooow grower , just now doing its thing , looks just like the cover photo ?
001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I might have seen it years ago at the Renfroes, but certaintly not recently. Glad you have one. When the time comes, please share. I don't know how to classify the Renfroe varieties featured in the calendar. Certaintly scarce and possibly endangered, but hopefully not on the brink of extinction. Anybody else have any of these?

I might have seen it years ago at the Renfroes, but certaintly not recently. Glad you have one. When the time comes, please share. I don't know how to classify the Renfroe varieties featured in the calendar. Certaintly scarce and possibly endangered, but hopefully not on the brink of extinction. Anybody else have any of these?
Thanks

I have them all except for Gus Jimenez - Ron Parlett - H. Lee. The Pearl no longer exists.

I have them all except for Gus Jimenez - Ron Parlett - H. Lee. The Pearl no longer exists.

Sad news about the Pearl. I hope that the varieties that you do have can eventually make it into wider circulation. If brought to a gathering for auction, I suspect that any of those you do have would create a bidding frenzy of Biblical proportions. Please keep Ana in mind. She deserves a special gift for her contribution to the world of crotons.