Please vote again

annafl

Esteemed Member
Sorry, the last thread got sidetracked with Dean and I tit tattering about our own opinions. Dean says he stands by his word to let us have autonomy. Please vote again. It's our forum and we should view it as the majority of the participating members would like. We hope you'll give your unbiased opinion to what you'd really want, if that's possible! Here are the sizes Dean posted for us:

OK you Guys,

Here are four pages with various settings - 500px, 400px, 300px, and 250px - this should give you a good idea of what we are considering. Which works best for you?

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/BUDDY at 500px

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/STURROCK'S_PINK_VEITCHII at 400px

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/SYBIL_GRIFFIN at 300px

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/PRESIDENT_REAGAN at 250px

The present setting in the wiki is set to 500px. The previous setting of the gallery was 300px.

My vote is for 500px. Next.

Anna, The 500px is my vote for viewing from my laptop. The 250px gets the vote on the smart phone. The 300/400px look good on the laptop and smart phone. Middle ground may be best for all viewing.

Scott I second your motion. I am IPad iPhone exclusive, it works for me. Just keep up the good work guys I think we are at a great time in building the new identity of THE CROTON SOCIETY. We just need to get a few more of the old school back in the building.

I like 250. It loads much quicker and I can virtually see all the pictures without having to scroll through a mass of large pics. Then I can choose which ever picture I want to enlarge. to 500.

That's on my laptop. On my smasung galaxy when I click on any resolution the picture size remains the same. I found I can view more pics at 250 without having to scroll and if I click on one picture I can expand it by using my fingers with a screen swipe with virtually no loss of sharpness.

Wow. When I started this voting thing in the last post, I assumed almost everyone would choose 500px. I was so wrong. It is practically down the middle. I can't see denying either half of us. What would you people think of meeting in the middle at 400px? I won't assume anything this time, you let me know. I could be very happy with 400px.

Wow. When I started this voting thing in the last post, I assumed almost everyone would choose 500px. I was so wrong. It is practically down the middle. I can't see denying either half of us. What would you people think of meeting in the middle at 400px? I won't assume anything this time, you let me know. I could be very happy with 400px.

I assign my vote via proxy to Ana - whatever is easier for her. Shy

Awww shucks, Ron. You are so sweet! I still need to hear from you people. Would it be ok if we all compromised (meaning between the popular choices of 300px and 500px) and met in the middle at 400px? Let me hear from you people!

Awww shucks, Ron. You are so sweet! I still need to hear from you people. Would it be ok if we all compromised (meaning between the popular choices of 300px and 500px) and met in the middle at 400px? Let me hear from you people!
Anna, I have no problem for whatever size is used as all will work for me. Middle way may be the best way to please all.

Hi Ana...I will compromise from 300px to 400px if there is no other alternative available. Thanks for all your efforts on behalf of the "CROTON SOCIETY" membership.:)

Juts pick a size everybody will get use to it. I'm still getting use to the new page layout I did not like it at first (it looked like banner ad) but a lot of people worked hard on it Thanks Dean, Anna, and everybody for your hard work. Just thinking is it possible to make a setting so when you open page you could preset pix size for your computer and please everybody?

Juts pick a size everybody will get use to it. I'm still getting use to the new page layout I did not like it at first (it looked like banner ad) but a lot of people worked hard on it Thanks Dean, Anna, and everybody for your hard work. Just thinking is it possible to make a setting so when you open page you could preset pix size for your computer and please everybody?
Present day photo viewing software is designed on the principle that the first pics you see are to be previews, since everyone uses different operating systems, versions, different browsers, and have different sized screens - ranging from cell phone size to big screen TVs now. This is why each person may have a different preference, because what they are using to surf and view the web is different for each person.

Clicking on the preview pic will open a viewer, with that photo inside, that will automatically yield a photo that will fill what ever size window you have open on your desktop, or the full screen if that is the mode you are in. Depending on how you have your desktop set up, it will fill what ever available space you have allocated for viewing, depending on screen size, resolution, font sizes, borders/tool bars, etc. - but this depends on how each individual user has decided to manage their screen space.

So the answer to your question is "half and half." The settings for the first preview pics you see are not customizable for each user. But the resulting image you see within the viewer, after the preview is clicked on, can be customized according to the user's preferences and the capabilities of their system.

Last edited:
Well, I didn't hear from many of you about a compromise, but appreciate the ones who did. Because there are significant numbers that prefer the 300px and 500px, I think the best thing, as some of you suggested, is a compromise midway. I will change the setting to 400px, a midway number, for the entries. This will take quite a while but will eventually happen for all wiki entries. I hope all of you can live with and adapt to this midway setting. Thanks. Ana