Save the Date May 26th

Marie Nock

04/07/09
Tropical Fern and Exotic Plant Society Press Release

Meeting May 26, 2014

Crotons for a South Florida Landscape

The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society presents Ron Kiefert who will speak on Crotons for a South Florida Landscape on Monday, May 26th at 7:30 pm. The meeting will take place at FairchildTropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Rd., Coral Gables, FL in the Corbin Building.

Ron will be talking about the origins of crotons (Codiaeum variegatum), container cultivation and landscaping with crotons. He will then give a pictorial display of some interesting cultivars. At the close of his presentation, Lamar Sapp will give a brief description of his fertilization regimen for crotons. Ron will bring a few crotons that will be available for sale at the close of the presentations.

Ron began his love of plants in 1972 when hired to work in a nursery weeding plants for a $1.00 an hour. He later started collecting and landscaping with palms. They were nice but all green – he needed some color. Like many of us he was late to appreciate crotons but now his collection includes nearly 300 cultivars and he is a passionate aficionado. Lamar, too, is an avid croton collector and grows about 500 cultivars.

There is no admission fee and the public is invited to attend this presentation. There will be plants donated by Redland Nursery (Ellis and Rusty Bown) and PCK Orchids (Peter Kouchalakos) for Raffle. Refreshments will be served. For more information please visit www.tfeps.org

MooseMan,

If there is anyone that can put a "mic" on you and record your presentation (depending on format), I can use the power point presentation and merge the two - then put it online like I have done here.

http://www.palmpedia.net/Video/PalmPests/index.html

Actually Dean - I have all my speaking points typed out. We've had a few mention that they have trouble hearing the speakers in the past. Like a "closed captioned for the hearing impaired". I'll contact you later.

Actually Dean - I have all my speaking points typed out. We've had a few mention that they have trouble hearing the speakers in the past. Like a "closed captioned for the hearing impaired". I'll contact you later.
Please do, there are still ways to make this available to the entire globe. Woot

Man the joint was jumping tonight. The International Palm Society Biennel dinner was happening next door. Met up with some old friends I have not seen in years. Brought a few reasonably priced crotons that got snatched up. Not sure how well the presentation was received. If I had 6 more Pop's Yard :rolleyes: - they were in big demand tonight.

MooseMan,

If there is anyone that can put a "mic" on you and record your presentation (depending on format), I can use the power point presentation and merge the two - then put it online - for posterity - like I have done here.

http://www.palmpedia.net/Video/PalmPests/index.html

Well I'm registered with the Wiki (I think?). Can't tell the difference between a dog and a cat. What do I do next? If this becomes too much of a burden .... May end up mailing you or Ana the memory stick.

Or I could give it to Ana if she comes to the Show this weekend. She is our Wiki Queen. Hmmmmm