Wiki photos 2014

Delaware 2nd character as per dr. Brown book pg.46, Delaware 1st character 2nd picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 134
Beautiful plants, Lamar. I especially love the first one. Huge leaves! Now, let's hope Ray or someone can vouch for the id's. I'd love to put them in.

As for the opinions, it seems Lamar and Phil like the new gallery look Edric proposed above. Any other opinions?:) Please?

Lamar -
The second pic is Tiffany - note the red/pink petioles. You probably got this from me at one of the get-togethers.

Wow page 46 Delaware, page 70 Tiffany. You can see the very subtle difference, both have red/pink,green, yellow. You are absolutely correct with your I.D. I hope someone will post the other Delaware.:confused: Just for the halibut I will post another no I.D. Of mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 134
Wow,I certainly do not know that one.This one might need a close up pic and its own topic.

Wow page 46 Delaware, page 70 Tiffany. You can see the very subtle difference, both have red/pink,green, yellow. You are absolutely correct with your I.D. I hope someone will post the other Delaware.:confused: Just for the halibut I will post another no I.D. Of mine.

Hey thanks, Ray and Phil! Lamar, next time I make entries I'll put Buttercup in the wiki. Thanks.

Since Edric's gallery demo is too far back for anyone to catch them, I will start another thread that might get the due attention.

Hey, Ray, is Scott Dozier of Sarasota a croton guy? Does he still live here? Please let me know!:D

Oh, my goodness. Doing these in the new format, changing from old to new took me upwards of two hours just for these few. At least I was able to do it, but I hope I get faster. I did make a lot of mistakes, so I should get a bit better.

Today's entries:

White Ann Rutherford-Perry Edge
General Lawrence-Perry Edge
Nestor-David King
Exotica-David King
Helen Edge-David King
Petra- Bob Heredia-Hey, Edric, what do I do about this croton encyclopedia format? Can I delete it?
Buttercup-Lamar Sapp

I've been working on the wiki gallery and looking at all the entries again, so I'm noticing things, which is good. I've asked this in the past, but no one answered. Can someone look at Victor Lemoine and let me know whether Rick's is one? It seems different than the other two. Also, if it isnt', then what is it? Thanks.:)

Just a bump hoping for a response. You can see new growth lower branches yellow, and green with red mid veins.
This area is some of my oldest plantings 1998/2001 lost fifty or more in the 2010 weather.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 132
I've been working on the wiki gallery and looking at all the entries again, so I'm noticing things, which is good. I've asked this in the past, but no one answered. Can someone look at Victor Lemoine and let me know whether Rick's is one? It seems different than the other two. Also, if it isnt', then what is it? Thanks.:)

Could be all the same, but I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe Rick remember's the source.

Thanks again for all you do.:D

Phew! Marathon session.

Today's entries:

Glen Roof- Ron Kiefert
Helen Edge/ Beyond Petra-Rick Leitner
Buddy/ Edwin Lonsdale-"
Fishbone-"
Zanzibar-"
Rubens-"
Picasso's Paintbrush/ Madam Pele/ Pele's Fire/ Superba-"
Ram's Horn/ Volutum-"
Tickled Pink-"
Congo/ Nancy/ Pappey-"
Captain Gilbert Cutler-"
Queen Victoria-"
Royal Flush-"
Duncan Macaw-"
Spirale-"
Red Excurrens-"
Freckles-"
Baron Le Compte-"
Eleanor Fischer-"
Cover Girl-"
Thomas Hitchcock-"
Dr. Alix-"

As always, if you note any mistakes, please let me know.:)

Today's entries:

Mango-David King
Johanna Coppinger-David King

***Just an alert for those who choose the full-size option when posting photos: I cannot upload them to the wiki site so I can't put them in the wiki. Dean may know of a solution, but I don't. So if there is any chance the photo should be put in the wiki, please use the thumbnail option when posting pics. Thanks!

Today's entries:

Mango-David King
Johanna Coppinger-David King

***Just an alert for those who choose the full-size option when posting photos: I cannot upload them to the wiki site so I can't put them in the wiki. Dean may know of a solution, but I don't. So if there is any chance the photo should be put in the wiki, please use the thumbnail option when posting pics. Thanks!
Ana,
I will have to get together with you on this - as I am unsure exactly why you can not upload them to the wiki. But, having said that, I am thinking that thumbnails or attachments are still the best way to go. The reason being that they are much more user friendly for the increasing number of people who are viewing from mobile devices.

Hi Lamar, there's been quite a number of photos by different folks that have been discussed on the forum as Connie Cutler. There just hasn't been enough agreement to put them in the wiki. The wiki should be the very best information available, which makes me shy to put things in unless we're sure. Let's see if the crotonheads here can agree on this one.

Wow, I've got to say what outstanding examples of gorgeous crotons there were in today's entries!JawDropJawDropJawDrop

Today's entries:

Potter's Pink Veitchii-Jose Lopez
Raphael-Jose Lopez
Puccini-Jose Lopez
John Criswick-Jose Lopez
Applause-Jose Lopez
Raphael-Jose Lopez
Mortii-David King
Irresistible-Andy Finlayson
President Reagan-Andy Finlayson
Magnificent-Andy Finlayson
Gloriosa-Jerry Shilling
Congo-"
Pop's Yard-"
Madam Butterfly-"
Mrs. Iceton-"
Pink Eburneum-"
Rheedii-"
Sturrock's Pink Veitchii-"
Tali-Photo by Jerry Shilling of Jeff Searle's plant

Hey, don't miss Lamar's post above with his beautiful plant. If you feel you're sure it's Connie Cutler, please let us know.

it looks like a very nice Connie Cutler to me.

Hi Lamar, there's been quite a number of photos by different folks that have been discussed on the forum as Connie Cutler. There just hasn't been enough agreement to put them in the wiki. The wiki should be the very best information available, which makes me shy to put things in unless we're sure. Let's see if the crotonheads here can agree on this one.

I thought it was Connie Cutler when I saw it.

Dean is making some awesome changes to the wiki. If you haven't been over there lately, check it out, starting from the front page.

I've started going through and trying to correct spelling and typo errors here and there for all the entries. I'm thinking it would be nicer to have things be uniform as much as possible. Photo size is not always possible because of different cameras, settings, etc., but I'm talking about names. In the past, Bren credited the member names as opposed to your real names. Would it be ok if I switched all of those to your real names as I've credited photos in the wiki in the last year? I think I will start doing that, and if you don't want yours changed, i.e. from Moose Knuckle to Ron Kiefert, let me know please and I will leave yours as is.

Also, I really would love to add information to any/all entries. If you have any accurate information about a particular cultivar, i.e. who hybridized, any historical caveat, etc., please let me know so I can add it. Thanks.

Lastly, looking at Captain Kidd- there seem to be two different plants. Rob's and Rick's plants look the same, and Phil's and Ron's plants look the same. Which is the real Captain Kidd? Any opinions?

Lamar and Ana - thanks for adding "Buttercup" to the wiki. I have a garden area dedicated to purple and yellow (mostly butterfly attracting) plants and several green/yellow crotons of various leaf shapes are very happy in there. Adding the pretty Buttercup to my wish list! Bonus for when I find it - that is the name of our little Shih Tzu - affectionally known as "Cuppie" :D

Ana, something I've been meaning to tell you. Look in the Forum titled "Wiki Article discussions. I've been starting to clean it up. It is a legacy of several versions of old software - kind of a mishmash of many things. But I was noticing that Scott had posted a lot of croton photos there - and you may be able to use some of them.