Phoenix Rupicula or hybrid?

TonyLoco

25/11/13
I have seen a couple of palms around my neighborhood that have a crown like phoenix Canariensis but have a thin trunk. I was wondering if they are Phoenix Rupicula or perhaps a hybrid between Canariensis and Reclinata?

Here are pictures of both of them, what do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_1529.JPG
    IMG_1529.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1526.JPG
    IMG_1526.JPG
    286.6 KB · Views: 157
The one on the left has rupicola looks. The photo on the right is more genetic P. dactylifera,but does have something else in large amounts.
I have a question too- when you post like that? Does that mean your not using a photo hosting service? I don't like that all my photos will disappear over the last decade if Photobucket gets too expensive..or,I croak.

I had a look but it really is impossible to say if it's a hybrid or something pure. I have a P. rupicola here at the house but is just starting to trunk, therefore much smaller. I would lean to it very well being a P. R.

The one on the left has rupicola looks. The photo on the right is more genetic P. dactylifera,but does have something else in large amounts.
I have a question too- when you post like that? Does that mean your not using a photo hosting service? I don't like that all my photos will disappear over the last decade if Photobucket gets too expensive..or,I croak.
Yes Stan, when he posts like that, or I post using the thumbnail option, we are not using a hosting service - we are actually uploading the photo to our server. So they will not disappear.

How do I post like that? And..is it doable for other forums?
Just upload the photos - either by dragging and dropping them into the reply box, or clicking on Upload a File and choosing them. Once they are uploaded, you will see the option to make them a thumbnail, or full size. If neither is picked, it will be displayed as an attachment.

I like to write my reply, and then click where in the box/text I would like the photo to appear and click on Insert as Thumbnail, or something like that. You can either select individually, or all at once. And you can drag and drop all your photos at once as well, if you wish.

And if you mean other forums here on Tropiscape, then the answer is yes.