Orange Mona Lisa

kwtimo

22/05/10
I happily purchased this beauty from Marie last year, and it really has come on in the last few months. I am looking forward to seeing this one grow out. I put in the pic of Mona Lisa for comparison.
CAM00411.jpg
CAM00412.jpg
CAM00414.jpg
CAM00417.jpg

Nice Tim, my son is down there fishing and filming. They said I was to old and knarley got left out. I saw the note about Sugarloaf is that a good thing?
image.jpg

Tim your Orange Mona Lisa is looking great! I'm posting photos of the original cuttings. The plant in Hawaii died so I'm glad we have it here. Here are photos of the original cuttings.
DSC_0012.JPG

DSC_0013 - Copy.JPG

Holy Smokes Marie! That is super orange! Is this the kind of coloration that I could hopefully expect eventually? Or were the colors so vivid due to habitat? Thank you for posting those pics.

Holy Smokes Marie! That is super orange! Is this the kind of coloration that I could hopefully expect eventually? Or were the colors so vivid due to habitat?

Tim,
I'm not sure if it will get as deep orange as the one grown in Hawaii but I think the orange in yours will get deeper than it is. I don't know what makes the orange crotons in Hawaii so vibrant but my guess is something in the volcanic soil

Ditto Ana. Good luck with your plant Tim, but I can only suspect that it will color up much,much more. Thanks Marie for getting this plant into our area. Safe for sure!