The Un tropical palm. Brahea armata.

Stan

17/04/14
My first try at the silver palm. With some shots of the rental cottage..my home with the Euphorbia ammak to give you an idea of what I'm up to. The Howea and King palms and Cyathea medullaris tree fern are all in the shady back of my home.
Oh,and I just removed Hollywood Junipers for the palm,a Zamia and Kangaroo paws with pink Pelargonium. My wife's favorite.
The huge and imposing Hayward Hills in the background. Just like Hawaii..cough,cough. Ahem.

Here Ed is a pic of one in Oakland. The nicest 'Clara' is here in Hayward. I posted a photo of it on Daves Garden. I looked,cant find it it in my albums. But its a beauty. Check it out.

Yep,That's it. And boy,try to find a single left over seed!..the local PS must be on that as they drop!

btw, I took that photo at our Chabot college..home of a fine old and new palm garden. The 'Clara' is part of the older plantings. Pritchardia and various Mountain palms have been added.
The Phoenix palms were taken at our local University. One small city,two colleges. Makes me smarter...