Croton Tour April??

Ana you and I are in the same position as my house is also available but Lamar and I had always looked at Nov 2014 to give my plants a little more time to grow as they have only been in the ground around 10 months or so and I need one more growing season to get them worthwhile.It is hard to volunteer people gardens as we have no knowledge as to what is going on in peoples lives at any given time.We can always meet a botanical garden somewhere with a couple of garden tours if
it can be worked out.Pinecrest is still an option but I am unsure if the West Coast travellers will want to come down just to go to Pinecrest??

If only my plants had a couple more years on them and there were more of them, I'd love to have you guys come to my place. Someday. I'm working on it.

Anyway, excuse my ignorance, and I hope I don't put anyone on the spot or step on anyone's toes, but speaking of the west coast, I know there was a tour at Phil's a couple of years ago and a recent tour at the Glock's, so what about Ray's? What about Bob Alonzo in Naples or Mark that comes with him? They must all have great croton collections. How about Harold Lee? Is he in Tampa? Do you think any of those guys would be game?:confused: I think some of you know them.

I really can't speak for Ray, but Ray just became a VERY proud father to his new, baby little girl! Their first child! I think crotons are nowhere on his mind at the moment.

Unk 1.jpg
oops, forgot to add the question; does the photo in my previous post look like a white gloriosa

Perry - I would say no to White Gloriosa. It actually looks very similar to one that Phil gave me a few years back. Alas, he had no name for it. Mine looks like it gets considerably more sun exposure than your plant. It is a pretty robust growing cultivar for me.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Ray!!!!!! I know you must be sooo busy.

Oh my goodness, I must've been having a senior moment. I'm not sure what happened. I meant Randy!!! Yay! I would love to see Randy's. Sorry for my confusion.:confused:

Oh, I hope it works out.:cool:

We had picked May 10 but the response has been tepid.Let us see what develops.Pinecrest Gardens is also still an option if the majority prefers??

Anyone else, this is a wonderful garden with surprises wherever you turn. I'm sure that Mike & Lamar are coming. Maybe Randy needs to post a contact no. or e-mail address for all the lurkers who have never registered and can not send PM's.

Anyone can e-mail me randyw@comnetrealty.com & let me know if you can come. I'll try to get an idea of how many an make it. I'm in the Mission Bay area (#441 & Glades) in West Boca Raton. About 5 mins off the Turnpike. I'll talk to Ricky & maybe do a little of both.

*As always, clippers must be checked at the door. :p

Randy I was also trying to get a meeting going but there was not too much interest.I am thinking that we should just wait until the November meeting and hopefully we can get a great turnout.I already have firm confirmations for 3 gardens and possibly a 4th for late October early November.That meeting should be very good as a couple of the gardens are unknown to most collectors with many unique seedlings.I am still willing to meet in May if we can get enough people interested.

:(I guess no interest. If anyone wants to make an "informal" tour on the 10th, let me know.

:(I was so looking forward to seeing Randy's garden and maybe even Ricky's as well. I know there will be other opportunities, though. Randy, thanks for trying to revive the interest in the meeting. I look forward to seeing your garden in the future:).

Randy, your new avatar is stunning!!! Is that an enhanced photo? I love the artistry.

Thanks so much for the open invitation. I am hoping to make it down south sometime this spring/summer? Maybe the Tropical and Exotic Plant Society Sale or something. Will have to regroup and think. If I come your way, I will email you to see if you're available to show me your piece of paradise. Thanks again.

Ana, My avatar is an tweaked photo from behind my house. My last one looked like a pink blob.

Anytime you're in the hood we could hit Ricky's place also. He's only 2 minutes from here.:p