I know its just a green and yellow but!!

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
Yellow Nestor looking great

Attachments

• YELLOW NESTOR.jpg
    YELLOW NESTOR.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 76
No Jeff,I cannot remember exactly where I got this one but I would have remembered if I had removed it myself.It was a rather ordinary plant for the past two years or so and now that I have planted it, it has started to look really good.When we have the tour later this year I will be curious if more seasoned eyes differ on the name of this one.When I picked it up it was given to me as Yellow Nestor

That is a nice plant, Mike. Was it a sport you removed off of a Nestor growing?

Our lurking member george zammas may have solved one of the longtime mysteries the other day. He was cutting some yellow nestor sporting off of a big nestor, and he found another sport on the yellow nestor; FISHBONE. noone has ever had a clue where that one came from, mine came from bender, and I never found one growing 'wild'. He sent me a great picture, I can't get it to load. Nice work, george.

Sounds great! Which leaves me to share some equally interesting information myself. In the yard, I have a green and yellow croton from B. Frank. It's more of a mustard yellow with green. Bob saw it awhile back and said it was Davis #10. Well, last year it sported a branch on the plant with a dull red pattern. And to me, it's a dead ringer to Columbia. So, my question to all of you, does anyone have the history behind Columbia? Could maybe Columbia originated from Davis #10? I certainly don't know. The sport is still growing on the plant because over time, I would like to show as many people as possible that come through the yard.

here is the sport george found on yellow nestor, which was sporting off nestor. nice work, that one had always been a mystery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-12-06-32-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-12-06-32-36.png
    578.9 KB · Views: 72