Eleanor Roosevelt

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Eleanor Roosevelt.jpg
Eleanor Roosevelt
was looking so nice as the sun was rising this morning, I thought she was worthy of getting her picture posted. :)

Last edited:
I had a good laugh when I read Eleanor Roosevelt's quote on the Rose named after her.
quote-i-once-had-a-rose-named-after-me-and-i-was-very-flattered-but-i-was-not-pleased-to-read-th.jpg

Roberto - thank you for your kind comments. This was one of my original crotons. She is over 7 ft tall now and is very happy.

Eleanor Roosevelt is one of our greatest Americans. Her intelligence and wit was amazing, especially in an era when "women need to be in their places". Unofficially our first female President, just never sworn in. Franklin was in very poor health his final term, Eleanor, for all intent and purposes, was undertaking the behind the scene Presidential responsibilities. Truly a great American!

Roberto - thank you for your kind comments. This was one of my original crotons. She is over 7 ft tall now and is very happy.

Eleanor Roosevelt is one of our greatest Americans. Her intelligence and wit was amazing, especially in an era when "women need to be in their places". Unofficially our first female President, just never sworn in. Franklin was in very poor health his final term, Eleanor, for all intent and purposes, was undertaking the behind the scene Presidential responsibilities. Truly a great American!

Well said Ron. I believe she would smile for the Croton named in her honor.
BeFunky_Img_4613.jpg

And here is Franklin Roosevelt with the Croton named for him.
BeFunky_IMG_4619.jpg

Eleanor Roosevelt 1.jpg
Eleanor Roosevelt 2.jpg
Here are some updated photos of the plant in the original post. She has also been air layered a couple of times since the original photo.

Last edited: