The Colors of Cordylines (The Ti Plant)

Wow you have a lot going on Scott! A lot of nice tis! Weird how some won't flower then BAM, they go nuts. I can't figure out what triggers it.

Wow you have a lot going on Scott! A lot of nice tis! Weird how some won't flower then BAM, they go nuts. I can't figure out what triggers it.

I can not figure it out either. Last year I had a few start in July with the last few trying to flower around New Years.

Angela, Here is a seedling that was self sown from my H. Boy last year. I like the white that it is already showing on the pretty green leaf.
IMG_4074.jpgIMG_4075.jpg

Great ti pictures! Scott - I've been trying to reach you about a possible garden tour on either April 4th or 5th when I am in Tampa on a trip. Your private message area was full , so would not take my message.

Ken, I sent you a email hope you get it if not I cleaned out my private messages. I have this week off :rolleyes: from work and have been a planting fool. Here is a shot of todays Ti plantings "Move over Crotons the Ti are here".
IMG_4460.jpg
* Disclaimer for the Croton lovers.- No Crotons were killed in this redo. They now are living happy elsewhere.

Have to share a photo of this Kiwi that came as a log from Hawaii. This one puts the Kiwi's sold in the local stores here to shame.
Img_4458.jpg

Just new here and finding my way around . how to I view a persons photo folders.
Do you have a place to go to learn how to post photo's
Why are the photo's not named with species names.
I am finding it very confusing but in time I hope it will be easy .Pitta

Pitta, I can't answer any of your questions, but I love your home address . Cook Town Cape York Queensland Australia. Welcome aboard mate. Codiaeum variegatum (croton). Stoplight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 185
Welcome Pita!
To view the Albums click on Albums in the menu navigation bar. The navigation bar can be found under the TropiScape banner. To answer you question on posting photos check out the FAQ under the menu navigation bar. If you get stuck just ask, we are here to help.​

look! I think I found a Ti :D I've been to one of the larger garden centers in the area today and found this plant in the mini-section. there were only two of them left.. wehoo!
I just had to get it!

ti_1.jpg ti_2.JPG

Just new here and finding my way around . how to I view a persons photo folders.
Do you have a place to go to learn how to post photo's
Why are the photo's not named with species names.
I am finding it very confusing but in time I hope it will be easy .Pitta
Pitta,
The best way to learn is to just have fun and explore - just click on everything you see. But your answer as to species names --- with crotons and ti plants there are many that don't really have names that anybody is sure about. So for those plants, many times they are just posted. And sometimes they get named, but a lot of the time there are just guesses and differing opinions.

so true... I keep looking at this thread and it made me aware that I need some more colour in my plant-collection - leavewise :D. same goes for the crotons. I have the feeling that my tiny Ti shows some movement, do they grow fast?

so true... I keep looking at this thread and it made me aware that I need some more colour in my plant-collection - leavewise :D. same goes for the crotons. I have the feeling that my tiny Ti shows some movement, do they grow fast?

Nina,

I feel guilty leaving you with this answer, because it sounds like a cop-out. But they are not so slow that you would become frustrated, nor so fast that they would get out of hand to quickly. IMO - they are a very comfortable "fast enough" to keep you interested. :)

Nina,

I feel guilty leaving you with this answer, because it sounds like a cop-out. But they are not so slow that you would become frustrated, nor so fast that they would get out of hand to quickly. IMO - they are a very comfortable "fast enough" to keep you interested. :)

Dean, Very well said answer.