And so it Begins ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The first cold front was a bit of a dud here. My low over the last two nights was 65F. Another stronger front is heading towards Florida - should we be concerned?-:confused:

We had over 4 inches of much needed rain yesterday. I am a bit concerned about the temperature dips forecasted for Tuesday in the mainland. I'll be in both Loxahatchee and SW Ranches purchasing plants that day. BRRRRR...:(

At the time of this post I see lows for my area Tue & Wed mornings in the 32f-38f range with winds forcasted. "Que sera sera"

Monday night low was 39 , 12 hours earlier it was 78 thats a hell of a change. Im sure a few plants are gunna be a little wilted . especially with all the warm weather just before the cold .

David - 39F is a bit frigid. However, from your prior posts, all your plants seem very healthy. Plus the recent rains should have them fairly hydrated. These are important factors to "cold hardiness". Your newer yet to harden off tender leaves may become a victim of the cold event. The forecasted warming trend will be a definite plus. If this is the coldest you will see this winter - your crotons will be bigger and better than ever IMO. For those who use K-Mag, you may be seeing its benefits this season.

Just 2 months & 7 days and we are outta the woods from the potential killer cold front we all dread. Dashing through the snow ... :confused:

No frost/freeze here! Very windy here with a Tue morning low of 34f and a 39f early (2am) Wed morning before rising into the 40s before sunrise. The rainy 70f today feels great! The upper 70s to 80 the next few days.

And so winter ends. Most of the country got hit hard by the cold. I feel very lucky as the winter posed no real problems here. No frost and no freeze in my area. The official temps from the Tampa NWS put us at .01f degrees below normal. Can't get much closer to normal than that.

Scott,
I'm still a little shock that with all the massive cold fronts that moved south and southeast down from Canada, it's amazing that south Florida was spared all these times. If one of these cold fronts would of moved more south in our direction, it would of been disasterous for all of us. maybe similar to 2010.

Scott,
I'm still a little shock that with all the massive cold fronts that moved south and southeast down from Canada, it's amazing that south Florida was spared all these times. If one of these cold fronts would of moved more south in our direction, it would of been disasterous for all of us. maybe similar to 2010.

Jeff, I can't explain it, but it just was not in the cards this year. :cool: I purchased lots of frost cloth and I did not even open the packages.