Swap-A-Que - Saturday, March 22nd

fawnridge

04/07/09
What's a Swap-A-Que, you ask? Kinda like a barbecue, except we also swap plants. The barbecue part is my treat as host. I'll supply the meat, you bring the sides and drinks. There will be pulled pork and sliced beef brisket, along with my award-winning barbecue sauce. The swapping part is exactly what it means - no money, you're just swapping plants, any kind of plants, with the other folk who will be coming.

There's a thread running on GardenWeb from this link.

The date is Saturday, March 22nd, starting around 10am. Follow the link on GardenWeb for details if you'd like to come. And once again, just so we're clear, this is not a Croton event, it's a plant swap and meat fest.

Ricky, I don't know anyone from GW in my area. If I can find someone, I sure would like to come. My DH works every other weekend, and it's hard enough to talk him into going over for the Searle extravaganzas when he can. I understand it though. Let me see if I can muster up a gardening friend to come with me. Thanks.

The Swap-A-Que is 2 weeks away. I'm hoping that a bunch of you will come and bring plants to swap or just give away. Come on over around 10am. Tour the garden. Swap. Take lots of pictures. We'll eat around 12:30. I'm going to do an air layer demonstration after lunch.

Speaking of lunch. . . I'm cooking pulled pork and Boca Boys Baked Beans. Not going to have enough time to cook a brisket, though. I have plates and cups and utensils. What are you bringing?

Smoking. If you must (ugh!) make sure you are downwind and take your butts with you.

Click on the link below and follow the instructions. You will get a return email with a gate pass to print. See you on the 22nd.

Click here for an invitation.

I was hoping that at least a couple of folks from here would be attending. Free plants. Free food. What else could you ask for? It's this Saturday from 10am till everyone leaves. Click on the link above if you'd like to join us.