Todays Photos

palmisland

28/03/08
Just playing around with my camera.:D DSC_0060.jpgDSC_0062.jpgDSC_0065.jpgDSC_0072.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0078.jpgDSC_0082.jpgDSC_0086.jpg

Hi Palmisland...what beautiful plants you have to practice with! Are these cultivars part of your garden?...WOW! How about some names for these beauties :confused:

Looking good,do you know the 4th one in the second set of pics??I need one of those!!It looks similar to Flamingo but the leaf shape looks different??

Ok, not all have names & I could use a little help. :roll eyes:

first 2, Norwood Beauty
Sunrise
Pop's Yard
?
?
Jean Frances Fascell
?

-Randy

Oh my goodness, Randy, that's what I needed today.:D. What color they all have. Waiting for more names. That one yellow/green in the first set with the uneven lobes is still Philadelphia, in my opinion. The description in the Christian Papers, as Robertico pointed out, fits it too perfect.

I was too quick in my guessing and didn't look at the closeups. I have two revisions. #2 is probably White Ann Rutherford that looks more yellow, and #5 is Wilma. I've never seen orange in my Wilma and it threw me off, but even the leaf is not quite like Nancy Reagan. So, let's try again!:eek:

By the way, can you edit these posts?

I was too quick in my guessing and didn't look at the closeups. I have two revisions. #2 is probably White Ann Rutherford that looks more yellow, and #5 is Wilma. I've never seen orange in my Wilma and it threw me off, but even the leaf is not quite like Nancy Reagan. So, let's try again!:eek:

By the way, can you edit these posts?

VERY, very good Ana;) Your Id'ing is outstanding & the Edwin T Merideth is yours as a prize.

The third would be impossible to Id. It's a sport of a sport from an extremely unimpressive croton. It has red petioles & yellow stems. It's keeping it's color for now, but then again it's a croton.

DSC_0026.jpgDSC_0027.jpg

The one you thought was Kiss and Tell is a croton I found at the entrance to a small development in Boca. Ricky calls it Suzi Silverado. I think it's in the Macarthur complex & the colors are really variable.

Woohoooooo!!! I win a prize! A beautiful Edwin T. Meredith. Thanks, Randy:D. Randy, the colors on your crotons are unreal. Really, they're almost unreal. That orangy Wilma and that pink-leaved veiny unknown are so vibrant. Suzi also. Thanks for sharing. Can you show more?:rolleyes: