Welcome to the "Crotonpedia"

I would encourage others to learn and use the wiki - it is extremely powerful and versatile software. For anyone who doesn't know, it is the exact same software that Wikipedia uses for their site - so constantly improved and updated with an involved community of developers and users.

Ask Ed and/or Anna how hard it was to learn what to do, and if they don't have a little bit of fun being able to create new pages, etc.

Anyone can work on this, right? It's not just one designated person? I wouldn't mind doing some work on it, but I just don't know how to find enough information on each plant to make a page. There's hardly anything on the internet, and very little on each species in Brown's book.

Anyone can work on this, right? It's not just one designated person? I wouldn't mind doing some work on it, but I just don't know how to find enough information on each plant to make a page. There's hardly anything on the internet, and very little on each species in Brown's book.

Hi Anna, it will be tough to gather info., you will probably have to pester some people with a load of questions, but if you can gather the info I'll format the page for you, and help you with adding info, and photos, Ed

Hi Anna, it will be tough to gather info., you will probably have to pester some people with a load of questions, but if you can gather the info I'll format the page for you, and help you with adding info, and photos, Ed

But that is also why it would become "the" definitive reference/resource in the world as the "go to" place to dig up info about a particular cultivar. That could become the single biggest recruiting tool for a new revived Croton Society.

It would be so difficult for me. I am so far away from most people that would be a good resource. There are no crotons up my way except mammie and petra, and occassional other very common ones. I'll have to think about it and maybe try one or two and see how it goes. Maybe I can get some phone numbers at the Searle Sale this next weekend.;)

It would be so difficult for me. I am so far away from most people that would be a good resource. There are no crotons up my way except mammie and petra, and occassional other very common ones. I'll have to think about it and maybe try one or two and see how it goes. Maybe I can get some phone numbers at the Searle Sale this next weekend.;)

Or Anna - you could always start a topic "Tell me what you know about "Croton X" and see if anyone will offer some history, growing tips, size, etc. Then just transfer whatever info comes up over to the CrotonPedia. Then do another. :)

Or Anna - you could always start a topic "Tell me what you know about "Croton X" and see if anyone will offer some history, growing tips, size, etc. Then just transfer whatever info comes up over to the CrotonPedia. Then do another. :)

That's right Dean, and post the same thread on Palmtalk, and Dave's Garden at the same time, I'll bet you get some info, and Anna, there is no commitment, do a page when ever you feel like it, it's also not expected that you even finish the page in any certain amount of time, just do what you can whenever you have a little time, it's not going anywhere, just give me a short list of the pages you want formated, so you'll have some place to type, or you can create your own page format, as you wish, Ed