Should be a little nippy down here for the next two nights

They issued a FREEZe warning for western St Lucie Co not what i wanted to hear . Ill get up at 5 and hit htem with the well water if needed that water should be a lot warmer At 12;30 its 38 fingers are crossed .....

The forecasted low for the Moose Land was 43F. We faired a few degrees above the forecast. No wind this morning, under canopy radiant heat was in effect.

Wednesday afternoon I hand watered around the base all the plants. A well hydrated plant fairs better against the cold. Thursday afternoon, all the mulch got watered down. Municipal water was 72F, was hoping that the mulch would hold some of the warmth. The roots were probably happy.

They issued a FREEZe warning for western St Lucie Co not what i wanted to hear . Ill get up at 5 and hit htem with the well water if needed that water should be a lot warmer At 12;30 its 38 fingers are crossed .....

36 degrees at 6am this AM Thats gettn a little bit cold but i believe alls well !!!!

This might be the bad one tonight just got home from work and its 36 at 12;00 not good they gave another freeeeze forecast get up at 5:00 and run the well water if its below freezing......

David,I was watching the treasure coast news this am,it look like you got down to 32.I hope the short duration of the snap will not cause too much damage

This might be the bad one tonight just got home from work and its 36 at 12;00 not good they gave another freeeeze forecast get up at 5:00 and run the well water if its below freezing......

Well i guess having the plants in planters payed off . It took 2 hours but i laid all the plants on the ground like id done before and i think it worked. The worst part was picking them all up again and putting the loose soil back in. they all seemed to do well. A few broke limbs but otherwise they looked fine . It got 32 degrees at 5am I sprayed them with the warm well water . That was the fun part my neigbors probably though i was bonkers..Thanks for your concerns . The things we do for the love of our hobby................

Frost Advisory tonight with even colder temps (freeze) on the way. This is going to test my Croton plantings in my best microclimate areas of the garden. :rolleyes:

The weather was so nice yesterday I planted a few potted Crotons in the ground. Cold forecaster mid-week???? Depends on the forecast. Next weekend looks to have a return to warm weather.

Attachments

• IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 76
How low will the Tampa Bay area drop to tomorrow morning? The Panhandle is not so happy today.

Just spoke with my Sister in the Panhandle and heard that they have been below freezing all day and are presently getting ice and snow flurries. Schools are closed and most bridges closed because of ice. Wow. Good luck to all of you in the path of this front. We are so lucky to live in South Florida.

That Dam last cold front was a pain in the butt . It wacked a bunch of seedlings dropped thousands of leaves , made pretty plants look sad . it had got down to 34 or so 2 or 3 times but htis one hit 31 did the spray with the warm well water , most did good some not so good , gotta love Mother nature she loves a good curve ball once in a while thrown at us , spent the last week cleaning up the mess ... . will keep the fingers crossed for FEB .

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg