Buttercup. 1/21/14 Large leaf; Misty Green/Creamy Yellow veins and splotching.

Native son

Esteemed Member
16/11/12
10a
Marie I got this one from you with no I D. That is a 7gal. for size reference. The second smaller plant is an air layer I took from a nice Buttercup from Ray via Scott Dozier. The title is an attempt at working on the search ID system.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 208
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 212
They're certainly similar Lamar. The splotches on mine are always white though, never yellow. But mine are grown in the shade. It's one we found in Hawaii so I've considered the name Hawaiian Snow if it never gets an ID. Mike, you have this one too. And, Tim, I think you have it as well.

:cool:
They're certainly similar Lamar. The splotches on mine are always white though, never yellow. But mine are grown in the shade. It's one we found in Hawaii so I've considered the name Hawaiian Snow if it never gets an ID. Mike, you have this one too. And, Tim, I think you have it as well.

Well it looks like we have two varieties very similar, that is a tune we play all to often. Hopefully someone will post more examples of each.

Hi Marie,this one is a little different that the Hawaiian Snow that I picked up a few months ago.Both are very nice :)

Hi Marie,this one is a little different that the Hawaiian Snow that I picked up a few months ago.Both are very nice :)

I'm thinking the plant that I got from Marie is different from Lamar's photos as well. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow, even though the plant is still young, I believe that you will be able to see the immediate difference in the leaf shape. I first became aware of this plant looking through the old croton society newsletters with Judy Glock. The writer of the article called the cultivar "orange", which is very vague, and not a name that Marie put on it. I like the idea of Marie's name Hawaiian Snow if we are indeed talking about the same plant.

Here are the pics of the plant that I got from Marie at the Glock's tour and auction this fall. Notice how the leaves can have a similar shape to Cutler's Gulfstream. Do you agree that this plant is different from Lamar's? This croton just needs a little time in the Keys to color up and produce true leaf size capacity.

Attachments

• CAM00196.jpg
    CAM00196.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 198
  • CAM00197.jpg
    CAM00197.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 186
  • CAM00198.jpg
    CAM00198.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 181
  • CAM00199.jpg
    CAM00199.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 189
  • CAM00201.jpg
    CAM00201.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 203
  • CAM00200.jpg
    CAM00200.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 197
Here are the pics of the plant that I got from Marie at the Glock's tour and auction this fall. Notice how the leaves can have a similar shape to Cutler's Gulfstream. Do you agree that this plant is different from Lamar's? This croton just needs a little time in the Keys to color up and produce true leaf size capacity.

Tim, that one is different from Lamar's plant. It is another one from Hawaii that needs an ID though. Your plant will get an orange border and orange veins where all the current cream/yellow is. Apologies for my memory - I thought you had picked up one like Lamar's some time ago.