Please Stand By - First CRA of 2014 Pics are coming!

This one is looking Excellent!

Attachments

• R #48 Cr excel.JPG
    R #48 Cr excel.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 154
This one I ID'd for Randy as Fantasy. Mine came from Randy as 'Unknown big red leaf'. Its always a good day when you can apply a name to a plant you have been growing for years. Mike and Randy then had to look at every leaf. :cool:

Hmmm - or is it Fantasia?

Attachments

• R #50 Cr Fantasy.JPG
    R #50 Cr Fantasy.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 128
  • R #51 Cr Fantasy.JPG
    R #51 Cr Fantasy.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 133
It's so hard to find a more outstanding plant to add so much vibrant color to a garden. As an accessory, they help accentuate all your other plants!

Attachments

• R #56 Cr Land.JPG
    R #56 Cr Land.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 140
  • R #57 Cr Land.JPG
    R #57 Cr Land.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 145
  • R #58 Cr Land.JPG
    R #58 Cr Land.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 156
  • R #59 Cr Land.JPG
    R #59 Cr Land.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 146
  • R #61 Cr Land.JPG
    R #61 Cr Land.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 143
Wow - what a nice MacKenzie! I recently acquired one for the Moose Land. Just hope it will eventually look this good. :cool:

Attachments

• R #64 Cr MacK.JPG
    R #64 Cr MacK.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 147
I remember this croton as one of Randy's first. It stands out in my memory because he had misplaced the tag and I was able to identify it even though I newbie. Went looking for it, Randy had to hold back a large palm frond to get this shot of Red Foot. :)

Attachments

• R #90 Cr Red Foot.JPG
    R #90 Cr Red Foot.JPG
    270.2 KB · Views: 140
Randy, your place is magnificent! I really hope to see it someday. Your plants are beautiful!:D
Mike, I wish we could see more of yours too.

Ron, #34 is Nervia. Thanks so much for taking the time to post these great photos from these two lovely gardens. Makes me want to see them even more than before.

This one I ID'd for Randy as Fantasy. Mine came from Randy as 'Unknown big red leaf'. Its always a good day when you can apply a name to a plant you have been growing for years. Mike and Randy then had to look at every leaf. :cool:

Hmmm - or is it Fantasia?

Ron, did you bring this cultivar to the croton gathering in November? If you did I got it in the auction. At that time Bob Alonzo and Mark identified it as "Fascination"

Thanks to Ron & Mike for the visit & the bagels:p I love having guests & anyone on the forum is welcome any time.:cool:

To be fair to Moose it was early on New Years Day, so I'll help with the ID's.

Post #21 Colombiana
#23 Davis 10, just planted last week
#38 I believe this is Norwood Beauty
#40 Davis 87
#56 Queen Emma
#57 I dunno, one of Marie's imports
#59 Blotched William Jennings Bryan
#60 Inca
#62 Dolores

I really enjoyed this croton tour and both gardens are top notch here in south Florida. I only wish I could of attended. Thanks again Ron for taking the time to post all your pictures.

I really enjoyed this croton tour and both gardens are top notch here in south Florida. I only wish I could of attended. Thanks again Ron for taking the time to post all your pictures.

Mr. Searle - as you can tell, the lack of sleep was affecting my croton eye. It was even worse with Randy's palms. Both gardens were magnificent regardless to being tired. Glad you are well rested - perhaps a phone call to schedule a visit to our friend in Valkaria, FL? :cool: I need another CRA :)

Randy & Mike look like they are having a croton ID caucus. The Moose was excluded, the guys realizing my eye was faltering. :)

Attachments

• R #120 M & R debate Cr.JPG
    R #120 M & R debate Cr.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 125
Palms and Crotons - they love being neighbors. ;)

Attachments

• R #81 Cham Lep Cr.JPG
    R #81 Cham Lep Cr.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 128
  • R #82 Pinanga Cr.JPG
    R #82 Pinanga Cr.JPG
    249.3 KB · Views: 127
  • R #113 Dyp Psam.JPG
    R #113 Dyp Psam.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 129
  • R #114 Dyp Psam.JPG
    R #114 Dyp Psam.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 120
  • R #130 Coco Alfredii.JPG
    R #130 Coco Alfredii.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 132
An incredible Her Highness. This is a cultivar that needs to be in the ground a few years before it achieves its potential. :cool:

Attachments

• R #131 Cr Her High.JPG
    R #131 Cr Her High.JPG
    269 KB · Views: 129
According to Tim - the flowers in this post are: "Gardenia tubifera 'kula' - They are an exceptionally nice plant with fragrant flowers that change color from golden orange to white over the course of a few days. The scent on these is quite exceptional as well." This is a cut and paste from the palm thread where Tim ID'd this plant.

Attachments

• R #97 flwr vine Prt Pac.JPG
    R #97 flwr vine Prt Pac.JPG
    264 KB · Views: 135
We're done last photo. Final comment: There are some things that even a croton can't make look good. LOL :D

Hope you enjoyed the thread.

Happy New Year to all!

Ron :)

Attachments

• R #133 Cr Thom Ed.JPG
    R #133 Cr Thom Ed.JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 138
Ron, Mike and Randy,
Beautiful! Beautiful photos, beautiful gardens and beautiful crotons!