The Christian Papers

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
Good news! Crazy for crotons has scanned them! Look for them soon in the article section of the croton wiki. I need help though. What is the background of these papers, the year released etc. I want to capture as much historical info as possible. Thank you Ray!

OK, The Christian paper is posted for your viewing pleasure in the WIKI articles section! But wait, there is more....

Ray has also provided these scanned copies:

1. Veitch & Sons 1906 catalog
2. Reasoners 1911 catalog
3. Reasoner's 1913 catalog
4. Reasoner's Tropicals Nursery in Bradenton, master croton catalog, circa unknown

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/index.php/Category:CROTON_ARTICLES

Happy Reading & a HUGE thanks to Ray!

Thanks Bren for getting the papers posted. It sure beats handing out paper copies at the meeting Saturday. More importantly, these priceless docs are now archived where all can enjoy them. The real thanks goes to Bob Alonzo who sent me these docs a couple of years back.

I am going through right now and adding names from the christian papers that were missing from the wiki. Nice that they give the key with the leaf shapes too.

The link does not seem to work for me...
http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/index.php/CHRISTIAN_PAPERS

OK - wouldn't work with google's Chrome browser, but does work with Internet Explorer.

Keep in mind some browsers and filters may be set to prevent you from downloading .pdfs. You will need to adjust your settings.

That link has the link you need to click on to download the papers. I have made it more obvious. At any rate, the link Ray provided below is a direct download.

Does anyone know the date The Christian Papers were produced? I imagine circa mid 1900's. It is interesting knowing all the crotons that were available, at that time.

Thank-you Ray & Bob and thank-you Junglegal.

A Bump for those looking for "The Christian Papers". I forgot that it had made it into the Wiki. Spent a bit of time tracking down this thread. The Bump is so you can hit the above link. Thought I'd save those who were interested a bit of time.

Thanks to Ray Hernandez, Bob Alonso & Bren - we have access to this paper.

A Bump for those looking for "The Christian Papers". I forgot that it had made it into the Wiki. Spent a bit of time tracking down this thread. The Bump is so you can hit the above link. Thought I'd save those who were interested a bit of time.

Thanks to Ray Hernandez, Bob Alonso & Bren - we have access to this paper.

Thanks for the bump