Wiki photos

Tali photos by Stan Wood, kindly provided by Marie Nock. Now, are these different than Phil's October Surprise photo? Do I enter Phil's as well, or is this the same plant and the correct name is Tali. Please clarify, and in the meantime I will enter Tali. Thanks.

photo.jpg photo-3.jpg

Mrs Robinson Noticed there wasnt any pix of this . So here we are ....

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 156
Here is Pink Passion Doesnt show a lot of pink , the older leaves have a pink color underneath , along with one pic underneath ...It is a extremely fast grower , one of the fastest i have

Attachments

• 245.jpg
    245.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 240.jpg
    240.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 247.jpg
    247.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 150
3rd year seedling im officialy naming the FREAK , quite a freaky plant no 2 leaves seem to be the same biggest leaves are now 14 inches . might not be the most colorfull , but definately Freaky . All the seeds from the 5 are kinda different !!!

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 166
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 152
David, I wish we could get confirmation on your beauties so I can put them in. Maybe someone will chime in soon. Are you bringing plants to the Glock's for identification purposes? I hope you are.

Ana,

Sadie is my seedling that has been growing now for approx. 3-4 years. The Pink Passion name was put on a plant that was found literally behind the old Richard Krukonis home growing at a duplex. The original picture that was taken , ( over 10 years ago there ), is not around, but at the time the plant had almost a solid pink on the underside of the leaves. It usually can still be found, but it never seems to produce the beautiful pink I once saw.
I went back many years later, only to find the plant gone.

Note.....

At the recent garden tour at the Glocks, correct me if I'm wrong, but the two pictures of Marie Nock's Rosio Pictus (in the Wiki ) were established as not the real plant. And also the plant being sold / traded as Delores is now considered to be Rosio Pictus as well.

Ana,

Sadie is my seedling that has been growing now for approx. 3-4 years. The Pink Passion name was put on a plant that was found literally behind the old Richard Krukonis home growing at a duplex. The original picture that was taken , ( over 10 years ago there ), is not around, but at the time the plant had almost a solid pink on the underside of the leaves. It usually can still be found, but it never seems to produce the beautiful pink I once saw.
I went back many years later, only to find the plant gone.

Thanks Jeff , thanks for filling in on Sadie and Pink Passion They are beautifull and growing like crazy especially Pink Passion David

Today's entries:

Dr. Frank Brown-David King
Coppinger's Frank Brown-Andy Finlayson
Blotched Frank Brown-Andy Finlayson
Pink Passion-David King
Sadie-David King

Ron's plant on Rubens was switched to Rembrandt-Ron could you please update photo on this to show more mature characteristics?

Blotched Raphaels switched to Blotched Rubens

David, could you post a photo of Pink Passion from the up side of the leaves? I only have the undersides.

Could someone rotate Stan's Blotched Dr. Brown photo? I'm sorry, I've tried and still can't do it (#32 post in other thread).

I need clarification on what to do with Roseo Pictus

Today's entries:

Dr. Frank Brown-David King
Coppinger's Frank Brown-Andy Finlayson
Blotched Frank Brown-Andy Finlayson
Pink Passion-David King
Sadie-David King

Ron's plant on Rubens was switched to Rembrandt-Ron could you please update photo on this to show more mature characteristics?

Blotched Raphaels switched to Blotched Rubens

David, could you post a photo of Pink Passion from the up side of the leaves? I only have the undersides.

Could someone rotate Stan's Blotched Dr. Brown photo? I'm sorry, I've tried and still can't do it (#32 post in other thread).

I need clarification on what to do with Roseo Pictus

OK

Attachments

• Rembrandt 2.JPG
    Rembrandt 2.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Rembrandt 3.JPG
    Rembrandt 3.JPG
    231.5 KB · Views: 189
Wow, that Rembrandt sure has matured! It is quite the beauty. Thanks for the photo. Will go in the wiki soon and will trade out your other photos. Hey, Ron, or anyone else, can you rotate Stan's Blotched Frank Brown in the 'Dr. Brown Variant' thread? It's post 32 by Marie. Thanks!:)

Note.....

At the recent garden tour at the Glocks, correct me if I'm wrong, but the two pictures of Marie Nock's Rosio Pictus (in the Wiki ) were established as not the real plant. And also the plant being sold / traded as Delores is now considered to be Rosio Pictus as well.

Am I to understand, the croton I bought as Dolores is really Roseo Pictus? And, Gonzales is a synonym for Roseo Pictus?

Wow, that Rembrandt sure has matured! It is quite the beauty. Thanks for the photo. Will go in the wiki soon and will trade out your other photos. Hey, Ron, or anyone else, can you rotate Stan's Blotched Frank Brown in the 'Dr. Brown Variant' thread? It's post 32 by Marie. Thanks!:)

Here it is right side up...
Blotched20Frank20Brown.jpg

I'm as confused as you are. Plus, I'm growing both Delores and Gonzalez - they are not the same cultivar.
As our friend Phil likes to say ... "onward through the fog" :p

Yes Moose, that is exactly my point. I think Jeff and Phil have some explaining to do...

I am so glad we are getting some photos now. Keep them coming, people, they're amazing!

Today's entries:

Fishbone-Ron Kiefert
Golden Glow-Ron Kiefert
Pride of Winterhaven-Ron Kiefert
Colonel Bob Bullock-Marie Nock
Exotica-Marie Nock
Mackenzie-Marie Nock
In the Pink-Marie Nock
Peaches and Cream-Marie Nock
Florida Sunset-Marie Nock

Anna, The Wiki is looking very well now days. Thank you for the work on the Crotons pages that you have done. Here is a picture of Goldfinger (Goldstar) that may be helpful for identification purpose showing the pink on the leaf underside.
IMG_3635.jpg

Hey, thanks, Scott, I think so too. All the beautiful photo contributions coming in now are fabulous:D. Thanks for yours!

Today's entries:

Goldfinger-Scott McIntosh
C&B-Marie Nock (having a little trouble with the double entry- I've contacted Dean
Thomas Edison-Randy Weisner
Mercer-"
Cornelius-"
Wilma-"
Exeter-"
Edwin T. Meredith-"
Lt. Paget-"
Nervia-"
Her Highness-"
Baron James de Rothschild-"
Raphael-"
Wooten's Beauty-"
Corot-"
Majesticum-"
Eleanor Fischler-"
Chili Pan-"

Yes Moose, that is exactly my point. I think Jeff and Phil have some explaining to do...

1. Check the photos of each in the Wiki. Verrrry different crotons.

2. And here's some pics of Gonzalez and Dolores in the yard here. First two pics are Gonzalez; next two are Dolores; fifth is Gonzalez; last three pics are a 1 gal pot of Gonzalez next to a Dolores in the ground. Last three may be a bit wobbly since it was very windy and trying to hold a 1 gal pot next to Dolores and shoot was a pain...

Attachments

• DSCN4767.jpg
    DSCN4767.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN4768.jpg
    DSCN4768.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN4769.jpg
    DSCN4769.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN4770.jpg
    DSCN4770.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN4771.jpg
    DSCN4771.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN4772.jpg
    DSCN4772.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCN4773.jpg
    DSCN4773.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN4774.jpg
    DSCN4774.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 147

Jeff and Phil were only reiterating what was said at the Glock Garden Tour. I only caught a small part of it since I was busy yacking with George Zammas. Others repeated to me what Jeff and Phil have posted. So the explanation is - its what they were told. My reaction was, hmmm - I better give these crotons a closer look see when I get home.

You can see from Phil's photos that they definitely don't look the same. Here are some shots of mine but probably in different lighting than Phil's. They still appear to be the same cultivars that Phil posted.

1st two - Delores

Next 6 are Gonzalez

Attachments

• Delores 1.JPG
    Delores 1.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Delores 2.JPG
    Delores 2.JPG
    209.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Gonzalez 1.JPG
    Gonzalez 1.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 168
  • Gonzalez 2.jpg
    Gonzalez 2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Gonzalez 3.JPG
    Gonzalez 3.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Gonzalez 4.JPG
    Gonzalez 4.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 153
  • Gonzalez 5.JPG
    Gonzalez 5.JPG
    229.2 KB · Views: 149
  • Gonzalez 6.JPG
    Gonzalez 6.JPG
    170.8 KB · Views: 147
Today's entries:

Exeter-Ricky Ginsburg, Phil Stager, Randy Weisner
White Kentucky-Stan Wood
Red Foot-Ron Kiefert
Clipper-Ron KIefert
Arthur Howe-Ron Kiefert
Cronstadt-Mike Woolery
Judy's Beauty- Ron Kiefert
Earlscourt-Ron Kiefert

Today's entries:

Lyratum-Robertico Heredia in Costa Rica
Mike Fascell-Ron Kiefert
Potter's Pink Veitchii-Ron Kiefert
In the Pink-Photo by Ron Kiefert
Victor Lemoine- "
Blotched Colonel Lindbergh-"
Philippine Red-"
Babbett-Photo by Ron Kiefert and Jose Lopez
Tali-Photo by Ron Kiefert
Doctor Alexander-"
Confetti-"
Ellen Rutherford-"
Joanna Roof-"
Cornelius-"
Catchup-"
Mike Ferrer-"
Bonita-"
The Clown-"
Richard Krukonis-"
Tim Anderson-"
Stoplight-Ana Bowers
Claude Lorraine-Ana Bowers
Mons Florin-Ana Bowers
Showgirl-Jose Lopez
Stained Glass-Jose Lopez
Pam Kiefert-Ron Kiefert

Today's entries:

C&B-Ron Kiefert
Henry's Favorite-Ron Kiefert
Jodi S.-Lamar Sapp
Cornelius-Jerry Shilling
Ortegas Hybrid-"
Carmen Christian-"
Colonel Lindbergh-"
Challenger-"
Krakatoa-"
Daisy Christine-"
Antilla-"
Sybil Griffin-"

Today's entries:

Notation that the following are Henry Coppinger hybrids: Madam Butterfly, Tugboat Annie (synonym Marie Dressler), Columbiana. If any others need to be added, please let me know.

W.C. Wallace-David King
Caribbean Star-"
Maximum-"
Multicolor-Photo by Ron Kiefert of Randy Weisner's plant
Pink Lei-"
Faye Miller-"
Rudy Bachmann-"
Sunrise-"