A very yellow Dreadlocks .

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
I saw this one at a development in Pembroke Pines.The parent plant was spectacular as the leaves end up very bright yellow with a little red on the underside of the leaves.

Attachments

• R0010537.jpg
    R0010537.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 133
I saw this one at a development in Pembroke Pines.The parent plant was spectacular as the leaves end up very bright yellow with a little red on the underside of the leaves.

Bullwinkle, I like your Yellow Dreadlocks a lot; however, I doubt it will stay that color. I hope it does; please keep us updated! Thanks for sharing...

It should stay yellow,the mother plant is totally yellow.This is an airlayer which starts green but as the plant ages it turns totally yellow.The mother plant was stunning.

Bullwinkle, I like your Yellow Dreadlocks a lot; however, I doubt it will stay that color. I hope it does; please keep us updated! Thanks for sharing...

What a beautiful Croton...I'm refering to your Yellow Dreadlocks. I'm still waiting for your foto of both of them side by side...:confused:.

Can any one send in pix of both cultivars for comparison purposes...I confuse the two all the time...thx in advance :)

This is a Crondstadt from Phil procurred as a one gallon plant from the auction at Rickey's last garden tour. Sorry for the sunny photos.

Attachments

• Crondtstadt 1.JPG
    Crondtstadt 1.JPG
    214 KB · Views: 100
  • Crondtstadt 2.JPG
    Crondtstadt 2.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Crondtstadt 3.JPG
    Crondtstadt 3.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 106
As I look again, my plant is probably Crondstat.I have a Crondstat already but this one puts mine to shame.I will try and post pics later today of them side by side.Once this one is confirmed as Crondstat I will dig up my greenish yellow example and replace it with this one.The colors of this one are electric.

Here is a close up of the same plant exhibiting the under leaf coloring. :)

A couple more shots of the same plant here taken this morning. Better lighting for detail. Sorry for the fence shot.

Attachments

• Cronstadt 1.JPG
    Cronstadt 1.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 96
  • Cronstadt 2.JPG
    Cronstadt 2.JPG
    242.3 KB · Views: 90