Two weeks to go ,lets hear what everyone is bringing to the auction.

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
I have around 8-10.Pics to follow

Tickled Pink

Attachments

• 20131101_150730.jpg
    20131101_150730.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 110
Unknown,at least to me .I have heard a few possibilities but no confirmation yet.

Attachments

• 20131101_151233.jpg
    20131101_151233.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 116
See attached list in pdf format or as many as will fit into Perry's pick-up truck:

Attachments

• CROTONS FOR AUCTION NOV 16 2013Quantity.pdf
    17 KB · Views: 182
Here's Cleo. I bought the plant from Cleo some years ago and asked what the name was. He said he did not know. So I've been calling it Cleo ever since. I've been propagating it so there's some more out there. First two pics are of this year's air layer; second two are of parent plant -jammed in with a few others...

Attachments

• DSCN4699.jpg
    DSCN4699.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN4700.jpg
    DSCN4700.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN4701.jpg
    DSCN4701.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN4702.jpg
    DSCN4702.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 112
With the Glock's garden tour quickly approaching, there's been something on my mind that I would like to bring up and discuss with the group.
Tim was up hear visiting yesterday and this morning and we were excited about everyone coming to the garden tour. And then we were talking about the auction and the possibility of over 100 plants showing up. (!!!!)

With (1) so many people coming, and (2) so many people now propagating plants AND then(3) everyone gets to keep the proceeds from their plants brought, we might be in for a VERY, VERY, VERY long, drawn out auction. And a very good chance of multiple same plants to auction over and over again.

I would love some feedback from all of you that will be coming and bring plants. Should we limit a person to 10 plants? Another idea is, if you brought more than 10, the other plants could be put in an area "For Sale". Put a price on them and sell them to the first offer.

I'm certainly not hear to make the rules, but I see a potential problem.

Not a bad idea Jeff. Even at 10 each, you could easily have well over 100 plants to auction. Maybe a limit of 8 auction plants & a sale area also would also work.

looks like a reasonable suggestion to me, i.e., ten plant limit for the auction and try to limit the lots to the 'better stuff' whatever that means - e.g. no crappy 5 each, 1 qt scraggly air layers of the same common plant. Ask yourself if this is a plant I'd want to buy at an auction or at the big box store's discard area.

Actually, IMO, the longer an auction lasts, the less interest. I'd limit each grower to their top 5 or even 3 plants, and then for the remainder, place them for sale. They can negotiate with the buyer personally, but an auction lasting 3 hours is not favorable for anyone. This includes Jim and Judy who need to get to sleep!

I agree Jeff ,10 seems like a good amount to me.My list looks like it will be around 8.

With the Glock's garden tour quickly approaching, there's been something on my mind that I would like to bring up and discuss with the group.
Tim was up hear visiting yesterday and this morning and we were excited about everyone coming to the garden tour. And then we were talking about the auction and the possibility of over 100 plants showing up. (!!!!)

With (1) so many people coming, and (2) so many people now propagating plants AND then(3) everyone gets to keep the proceeds from their plants brought, we might be in for a VERY, VERY, VERY long, drawn out auction. And a very good chance of multiple same plants to auction over and over again.

I would love some feedback from all of you that will be coming and bring plants. Should we limit a person to 10 plants? Another idea is, if you brought more than 10, the other plants could be put in an area "For Sale". Put a price on them and sell them to the first offer.

I'm certainly not hear to make the rules, but I see a potential problem.

However..... in response to the initial question "Who's bringing what?", it appears that only two of us are bringing any plants for the auction, Mile and myself. Anyone else bringing anything? Looks like it may be a short quick auction.....

It feels so good to be back in the Keys.

I will bring the following 2 year old hybrids...

Plant ID

Attachments

• #0001.jpg
    #0001.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 115
  • #0002.jpg
    #0002.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 109
  • #0003.jpg
    #0003.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 111
  • #0003a.jpg
    #0003a.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 95
  • #0010.jpg
    #0010.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 110
  • #0010a.jpg
    #0010a.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 109
  • #0012.jpg
    #0012.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 119
and these five...

Plant ID

Attachments

• #0015.jpg
    #0015.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 121
  • #0015a.jpg
    #0015a.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 118
  • #0016.jpg
    #0016.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 113
  • #0018.jpg
    #0018.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 105
  • #0019.jpg
    #0019.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 122
  • #0030.jpg
    #0030.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 119
:cool:Jerry.....F Y I you are allowed to limit yourself to one hundred and thirty eight of those little beauties. I think it is in all our best interest to keep your door wide open for all kinds of sharing. The PLANTATION BOYS voted on this plan. Much love Lamar & Mike.

138 seems a little high ,I think limiting Jerry to 135 plants sounds about right.I am sure that Jeff won mind auctioning these :)

:cool:Jerry.....F Y I you are allowed to limit yourself to one hundred and thirty eight of those little beauties. I think it is in all our best interest to keep your door wide open for all kinds of sharing. The PLANTATION BOYS voted on this plan. Much love Lamar & Mike.

Wow, lots of great plants from everyone above, to be auctioned off. Jerry, your new, beautiful hybrids will add lots of excitement to the event! As for me, after all of these special plants, I almost hate to say what I'm bringing. Two Claude Lorraine air layers and few plants for Ricky. Well, it's a start! I'll just be excited to be there.

Having been collecting crotons for only a year now, I don't have much to offer for this auction. I will be bringing a MacKenzie, Mrs. Snyder's Disraeli, and a Plaid Oak in 3 gallon.

I'm not at home until Monday, but i know have a Nancy Reagan & a Coppinger's Hybrid to bring. I'm sure I have a few more, but it'll have to wait till I'm home.

Well, this what I'm planning on taking , Mr.White, Ana Lopez, Rembrandt seedling, Rubens, Harringbone, Michael Ferraro, Ten-wee-kiat, Circus, and probably Color Me Beautiful Lady.

I am a little "outside the lines" but can work with the Plantation Boyz on a some give n take

Jerry..Lamar & Randy have the highest croton to square foot ratio...hope we can help relieve classroom overcrowding

After talking to many of you, and also to the Glocks, we are going to ask that those of you that are bringing plants for the auction, please limit your plants to 10 or less, so we don't drag out the auction for several hours. If you wish to bring some extra plants, please feel free to bring them and set them in the desiginated area set up for "plants for sale".
Thanks!

looking forward seeing the Glocks heard so many wonderful things.
Cant wait to see all the crotons with made up names should be a lot according to the list
so many crotons with so many made up names
goes back to the old saying don't no the name just make it up