Crotons at The Ramble

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The popularity of Crotons seems to keep growing & growing. This weekend Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden will be putting on The Ramble. I know of at least 5 vendors who will be selling crotons at this event. Marie Nock, Jeff Searle and Jose (from this forum) will be there offering many hard to find cultivars for the discriminating collector. There may even be a Moose sighting ... :rolleyes:

Hope to see some of you. This is a fun event! :D

Attachments

• bullwinklelook.jpg
    bullwinklelook.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Stealth Moose.jpg
    Stealth Moose.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Chillin with Glock.jpg
    Chillin with Glock.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 94
I look forward to this weekend sale. I started pulling a few plants today, including a couple of rare ones that I didn't even put out out the Extravaganza Sale a few weeks ago. I just hope the buyers come out.

I look forward to this weekend sale. I started pulling a few plants today, including a couple of rare ones that I didn't even put out out the Extravaganza Sale a few weeks ago. I just hope the buyers come out.

I've never been to a Ramble...preferring the specialized sales....but maybe I should come check y'all out.

Jeff's teaser may work.

Jose will have some very interesting well grown plants.

Marie - always has some hard to find specialties.

Mr. Searle - some rare cultivars you held back from the Extravaganza? Definitely a teaser, I gotta see those ... :eek:

I'll be there Friday morning :eek:

Jose will have some very interesting well grown plants.

Marie - always has some hard to find specialties.

Mr. Searle - some rare cultivars you held back from the Extravaganza? Definitely a teaser, I gotta see those ... :eek:

I'll be there Friday morning :eek:

Ron,

I might have spoken a little early, I have a heavy hitter coming in this Tuesday afternoon and he's going to want to look over my stash. My plants are pulled for the Ramble, but I'm not holding anything for that sale if this gentlemen shows me the coin prior to. A bird in the hand is worth........

Ron,

I might have spoken a little early, I have a heavy hitter coming in this Tuesday afternoon and he's going to want to look over my stash. My plants are pulled for the Ramble, but I'm not holding anything for that sale if this gentlemen shows me the coin prior to. A bird in the hand is worth........

Apparently Jeff can be "bought":rolleyes:

I'll be in Belize/Guatemala till next week, so I'll miss this ramble. See you all in Ft Myers.

Wow, I saw some of what Jeff is intending on bringing to the ramble this weekend. There is some really nice looking stuff. I had a hard time not walking away with one croton in particular, but I have the same one that is small at this time. Hope I don't regret not picking it up. Sorry I can't tell you what cultivar it is, don't want to ruin the surprise. All I can say is it is Gorgeous!

There is an amazing array of croton cultivars available at the Ramble. Yesterday after we set up, I looked around to see what was available. There are at least 5 vendors selling crotons and there is little to no overlap in the varieties available from one vendor to another. There are also some outstanding specimen plants.

Hope you can make it!

Still alot of beautiful uncommon cultivars available. Lots of foot traffic and window shopping yesterday. If the rain stays at bay, a few got bitten by the croton bug and will be returning with vehicles that can cart these beauties away.

Mark Peters is there too. No crotons - just an incredible selection of Cordylines :eek: