Wiki photos

President Regan , putting out fresh shoots .....

Attachments

• 189.jpg
    189.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 164
Arrowhead showing off its whites , this plant is really likeing the oak tree filtered sun ....

Attachments

• 201.jpg
    201.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 155
What beautiful plants, David! Can someone confirm the ID for superstar, the last one on page 5?:D Hey, David, please keep going! I know I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more.:cool:

Ana, Looks like what I have as Superstar. When I posted photos of mine the experts agreed it was Superstar.

Anna, The plants are still rather small as they were from "Angel Plants" this summer at Lowes. I included a photo showing the pinkish tint that is now appearing on the older leaves underside. Here is another underside leaf photo...
IMG_3308.jpg

Serious croton . This is a picture of my freinds plant didnt even know he had it till i mentioned about crotons WOW ..11 tall he said 40 yrs old . needless to say i got some cuttings .will do airlayers in the spring . The last photo is a pic of my closeup of Pres. Ragen . they sure look simular even has vivid pinks . Any thoughts ....?

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 149
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 150
  • 191.jpg
    191.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 158
Fluorescent Glowing Mammey This one really is an eye catcher, ever since it was small it stood out from other mammeys

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 358.jpg
    358.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 415.jpg
    415.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 153
Pride of Naples A million yellow,orange dots uniting as one ....

Attachments

• 221.jpg
    221.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 156
  • 220.jpg
    220.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 162
Scott, they both look very similar to me. I really wish others would come help us. I'm so frequently wrong, I don't feel I can say, and I'm not familiar with the cultivar. Anyone?

David, your plants are gorgeous. Also, your friend's plant certainly looks like a President Reagan to me, but like I said, I'm frequently wrong. It is huge! What conditions is it growing in? My oh my.

You're right, there is something special about that mammie, and that Pride of Naples is really nice also. Please keep showing us more!

Serious croton . This is a picture of my freinds plant didnt even know he had it till i mentioned about crotons WOW ..11 tall he said 40 yrs old . needless to say i got some cuttings .will do airlayers in the spring . The last photo is a pic of my closeup of Pres. Ragen . they sure look simular even has vivid pinks . Any thoughts ....?

David, I have had the plant a very long time also, I have wondered about the name. I got it at the county line on US 1 at that Vietnamese fruit stand. If you remember it north of Ft. Pierce.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 154
Today's entries:

Reliance-David King
Arrowhead-David King
Superstar-David King and Scott McIntosh
President Reagan-David King
Mammie-David King
Pride of Naples-David King
Bravo-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Rose Charmer-Phil Stager

More tomorrow, too tired now.

Today's entries:

Reliance-David King
Arrowhead-David King
Mammie-David King
Bravo-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Rose Charmer-Phil Stager

Thanks for help with the ID on the plants !!!! now we know for sure .....

Today's entries:

Reliance-David King
Arrowhead-David King
Mammie-David King
Bravo-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Rose Charmer-Phil Stager

Thanks for all your constant work ...Your a major asset to the croton world ....<><

Today's entries:

Reliance-David King
Arrowhead-David King
Mammie-David King
Bravo-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Rose Charmer-Phil Stager

Thanks Anna

Today's entries:

Spirale-Phil Stager
Carribean Star-Phil Stager
Glen Roof-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Colin Kelly-Phil Stager ** this one looks different than others in wiki to me. Can others check?
Dr. Lin Yu Tang-Phil Stager
Polychrome-Phil Stager
Coral Showers-Phil Stager

Today's entries:

Spirale-Phil Stager
Carribean Star-Phil Stager
Glen Roof-Phil Stager
Applause-Phil Stager
Colin Kelly-Phil Stager ** this one looks different than others in wiki to me. Can others check?
Dr. Lin Yu Tang-Phil Stager
Polychrome-Phil Stager
Coral Showers-Phil Stager

Ana - I checked the Wiki regarding Phil's Colin Kelly. The other photos are of my plant when I first got it. It came from Jeff Searle and was growing in the shade house. As time has progressed, my plant is getting heavier shading as the canopy has grown. It does not look the same as the original photos in the Wiki. Phil's has alot more coloring, which may be a result of more sun exposure or growing conditions. The leaf shape looks about right. Are they the same cultivar?

Probably, maybe, yes, definitely, a different form, could be, kinda ... onward through the fog LOL :D

i Believe this to be the real Ann Rutherford !!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 076.jpg
    076.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 149
  • 077.jpg
    077.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 078.jpg
    078.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 149
Today's entries:

John Bender-David King
Shady Lane-Ron Kiefert
Tan Wi Kiat-Ron Kiefert
Pride of Winterhaven-Photo by Randy Weisner of Judy Glock's plant
Philip Geduldig-"
Sturrock's Pink Veitchii-"
Exotica-"
General Marshall-"
Helen Edge-"
Louis Dupuy-"
Blotched Raphael-"
Commotion-"
Daisy's Pride-"
Goldilocks-"
Eggfarm-"
Polychrome-"

i Believe this to be the real Ann Rutherford !!!!!!!!!!

I actually beleive this is the real thing , the plant came from an long time croton grower the other 2 are identicle , Plant shapes are all the same with only some minor color changes ..... no takers on this one ?????

There was discusion at Jeffs sale about this plant . I beleive it was called HELEN RUTHERFORD ????? ... Initially it was thought to be a Gloriosa , but a discusion came up with the Helen R.... name !!!!!

Attachments

• 149.jpg
    149.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 158
  • 148.jpg
    148.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 147.jpg
    147.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 156
David, I hope you're going to the Glocks in a couple of weeks. Bring all the ones you need id's for and they will get some attention, and you'll hopefully get some answers. Then we'll have more entries for the wiki!

Today's entries:

Nervia-Ray Hernandez
Rubyii-Harold Lee
Cardinal-Harold Lee

**Does anyone have Harold Lee's email? The one at the beginning of the society page doesn't work. I'd love to email him to try to get him to come back!

There was discusion at Jeffs sale about this plant . I beleive it was called HELEN RUTHERFORD ????? ... Initially it was thought to be a Gloriosa , but a discusion came up with the Helen R.... name !!!!!

David,
I mis-spoke at Jeff's. I should have said Ellen Rutherford.
Marie

There we have it . It is called Ellen Rutherford .......