Norman Rockwell

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Not often seen but they are out there. My Norman Rockwell has seen better days. I just need it to make it through the winter with less leaf drop so it can "explode" in the Spring. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• AAA Norman Rockwell.jpg
    AAA Norman Rockwell.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 95
  • AAA Norman Rockwell 2.jpg
    AAA Norman Rockwell 2.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 96
3 names that look exactly alike, Rembrandt (No known photo for reference) Norman Rockwell (No known photo for reference) and lastly Delaruye as seen in Exotica
norman rockwell.jpg rembrandt.JPG
Photo 1 some call it Norman Rockwell, Photo 2 on the right some call Rembrandt.

Ron,

Are you sure, it looks like Rembrandt to me?

Jeff - I got it from a reliable source. Since last years cold damage the new leaves started making this shape which is a little different than before. My collection does not have a Rembrandt, so it could not be me mixing up the tags by mistake.

It would not hurt my feelings if "the reliable source" made a labeling mistake and I lucked into a Rembrandt. :cool:

Jeff - I got it from a reliable source. Since last years cold damage the new leaves started making this shape which is a little different than before. My collection does not have a Rembrandt, so it could not be me mixing up the tags by mistake.

It would not hurt my feelings if "the reliable source" made a labeling mistake and I lucked into a Rembrandt. :cool:

The hybridizer, would be a reliable source? Other than that there all to close to tell if the names are correct that is.

Or the reliable source got it from the hybridizer, the hybridizer's garden or was confirmed by Bob Alonso. :)

Oh, Im just trying to figure this out you think it was a Norman Rockwell your source told you, Now it may be a Rembrandt being might be a tag error. Or may just be a Delaruye? I would like to know so I can make the changes in my Photo gallery is all. Being all 3 names look exactly alike. :confused: Ill be on the safe side and change it to all 3 with question marks.

I agree with Jeff. Those first photos look like Rembrandt. The Norman Rockwell at Jeff's sale in October (Judy has one too) look very different from this. That said, the ones in October could have been mislabeled.

Be really nice to see a orginal photo to go with either names to compare than we all guessing. Like from a book or catalog, Only thing in print i saw was the Delaruye and its leaf shape is down to the TEE its exact.

I agree with Jeff. Those first photos look like Rembrandt. The Norman Rockwell at Jeff's sale in October (Judy has one too) look very different from this. That said, the ones in October could have been mislabeled.

Ray and others - I am so confused here. My plant may have come from somebody mentioned above. Judy also has seen this plant and was not real sure. She also given me a Rembrandt. They seem a little different but not much. Can someone post a Norman Rockwell photo? I'll try and get an updated photo of this plant for comparison. Sometimes tags do get accidentally switched. :eek:

I supposedly have both. Both look different, but have some of simularities. Not as bad as the William Craig, Daisy Ortegas debate, but confusing to me so far.

Could anyone post photos of what they have going as Rembrandt? Or photos of Norman Rockwell?

Norman Rockwell , yellows,orange,greens looking good....

Attachments

• 084.jpg
    084.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 68
  • 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 090.jpg
    090.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 188.jpg
    188.jpg