Fall Croton tour/auction in Ft. Myers

Judy Glock

08/07/09
Officially announcing November 16th (Saturday) , for our Fall croton tour/auction at our home in Ft. Myers! Details regarding time, food, etc. to follow! Please come!!!

Judy

Judy - Can I bring my Grandma ? LOL :D

Will Bob Alonso & Mark Wooten be attending ? :confused:

Attachments

• Grandma 2.JPG
    Grandma 2.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 146
I have heard nothing but great things about the glocks crotons, looking forward to seeing your garden.
My first croton showing was last month at Jeff Searle and what a place that was!
sincerly,John

Jim/Judy - What time do the gates open ? Phil is usually the first one to arrive. Probably with Perry & Keith. Could get some early horse trading going and save some Wear & Tear on Mr. Searle. :rolleyes:

:eek:
Jim/Judy - What time do the gates open ? Phil is usually the first one to arrive. Probably with Perry & Keith. Could get some early horse trading going and save some Wear & Tear on Mr. Searle. :rolleyes:

I don't think concern for Mr. S was the driving force on that plan. Just saying.......:confused:

I hear rumors that Mr. Searle and the misses will be there Friday some time. And I'm certainly up for some horse trading. This is one garden tour I'm looking forward to.

Ignore that white truck a few blocks from J & J's. The Moose has not broken down...just a way to get first in line....maybe some early horse trading. Grandma has been known to spout off in mixed company.

Very funny Mike. Especially coming from an "early bird" like yourself - parked next to me. LOL :D

There are rumors that the Queen Mary will be jammed packed with some very interesting plants.

Searle better wake early and bring coffee down to the gate. Less he misses on the early trading flurry.

;)

The possibility exists that I will miss the excitement and the great garden again. :mad:

Oh, come on, Scott, I'd love to meet you and it's not so far this time. Get someone to cover you for a few hours. I'm sure you won't regret it.:(

Scott, so sorry that you are feeling so ill. You sound terrible :(

Its too bad that you have to call in sick, Nov. 16th. :rolleyes: You really regreted not going three years ago.

Are we suppose to RSVP? Just curious how many forum members plan on attending?

The lurkers need to sign up to Palmpedia so they can PM Jim & Judy. ;)

Little Pam is awaiting her trip to Fort Myers. Poor little thing, she thinks its a road trip. She knows not that she is leaving the Moose Land forever. :eek:

Attachments

• Little Pam.JPG
    Little Pam.JPG
    228 KB · Views: 137
Little Pam is awaiting her trip to Fort Myers. Poor little thing, she thinks its a road trip. She knows not that she is leaving the Moose Land forever. :eek:

And if I do make it to Fort Myers.... Pam is mine!!!!!! :D She wants to live in Tampa... I can see it in her veins.

Hi Judy & Jim,

Were fast approaching the croton tour date, have preparations begun? Is Jim getting all the weeds pulled and spreading the mulch? Lol!

Have you thought about the food yet? Would you like for all of us to bring a dish? Main course,side dishes, salad, desserts.

I assume were having an auction of plants like never seen before?

Andrea and I plan on coming, who else is making plans?:D

I am very happy to say that I will be attending this meeting. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to make it for a while, but my girlfriend agreed to come for the ride. See you all there. Jim & Judy, let me know if there is anything I can do for you to help out.

I will be there ,I am looking forward to the garden tour.I am pretty sure my Plantation neighbor Lamar will be there also :)

November 16 is approaching fast! I have spoken to both Bob Alonzo and Mark Hooten. They have both agreed to come. So if you have any unknowns, maybe you could get them ID'd.
Will plan to start the meeting/tour around 10AM. It would be appreciated if everyone could bring a snack, appetizer, side dish, salad or a dessert. You might also want to bring any folding chairs--if you have any room after loading your crotons! Call or PM for directions. Sounds like we will have a pretty good group with loads of crotons for auction!

Thanks, Judy

Saw many croton friends at the meeting/auction this past Monday night down at Fairchilds. And it sounds like EVERYONE is coming!!!

Judy, I gave your phone # to a very nice couple who live in your area that was at this meeting on Monday and are really planning on coming to their first croton tour. You might remember them from my Extravaganza Sale a year ago when they came to that.

Look forward to coming!

Just a friendly reminder to all that are coming. This is shaping up to be a really fun gathering and lots of people are expected to come. So please let Judy know if your coming so she can prepare to have enough food and drinks. Also, don't forget to bring a side dish, dessert or drinks, it would be greatly appreciated by the Glocks!

Rumor has it there will be over 50 people attending the Glocks garden tour this Saturday. This is a large crowd, therefore please remember to bring a chair. Judy and Jim have a few extra chairs, but will not have no where enough for everybody.

Also, consider helping with the food and try to bring something, or maybe some bottle water,etc. And lots of $$$$. Lol!

I will be coming, bringing Randy as my only trade.

Judy - I am also bringing a 6-pound pork butt, all cooked, but it needs to get reheated 1 hour prior to serving in a 450 degree oven. I will also bring hot sauce and Boca Boys barbecue sauce.

For those of you bringing plants for the Palm Beach Zoo, first, thanks; second, Randy and I will be heading directly to the zoo from Ft. Myers so make sure you get them to me early in the day.

Great food,great crotons and absolutely great people for today's event.Even the bad weather stayed away all day.Some furious bidding occured, with at least 10 plants selling for over $100
Thanks to Jim and Judy for hosting the party :)

Rumor has it there will be over 50 people attending the Glocks garden tour this Saturday. This is a large crowd, therefore please remember to bring a chair. Judy and Jim have a few extra chairs, but will not have no where enough for everybody.

Also, consider helping with the food and try to bring something, or maybe some bottle water,etc. And lots of $$$$. Lol!

I had such a great time! Thanks so much Judy and Jim:D. Your garden is amazing in every way. Thanks to everyone who raised the lovely plants I ended up with. I love them all already. Thanks to Jeff for auctioneering, and Andrea for taking care of the food serving. Thanks to Keith for helping me carry my new treasures to my car...I guess chivalry isn't dead after all:). Great day.

Ana

amazing gardens and palms
nice to meet so many new people great food love the bocaboyz sauce Randy you got a good partner ,he can cook to.

amazing gardens and palms
nice to meet so many new people great food love the bocaboyz sauce Randy you got a good partner ,he can cook to.

johnnyd, glad you enjoyed the day, but I don't recall making your name tag?

Judy

Thank you all for coming! We had a great day, good weather and a great selection of awesome crotons!

Judy