So S l o w on the forum

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
I will just post a few pics from today.
IMG_3167.jpgIMG_3168.jpgIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3173.jpgIMG_3179.jpgIMG_3183.jpg

Job well done Scott, just asking the pink in the 1st page, the red blotched oak leaf in the last page might need to move south for safe keeping this winter.

Nice pics there, Scott.
the pink one in the first set is a Rheedii which is pretty cold tolerant for a croton. A neighbor has one in full sun, looks good, and has survived many a cold snap for 20+ years.

Nice pics there, Scott.
the pink one in the first set is a Rheedii which is pretty cold tolerant for a croton. A neighbor has one in full sun, looks good, and has survived many a cold snap for 20+ years.

I can't understand these plants, my Rheedii is black/green with red veins and will not tolerate any sun.

I can't understand these plants, my Rheedii is black/green with red veins and will not tolerate any sun.

Maybe these pics will help. Were not purchased as Reedii and are a very very common Croton found in every garden center here.
IMG_3211.jpgIMG_3212.jpgIMG_3213.jpg

Great pics,the Rheedii is really good,Hopefully someone will bring a really nice one to the auction as I have been looking for a good one.

Beautiful plants, Scott. Missed meeting you at the sale. Scott, what's the third one across in post #2 and the 3rd and 5th ones in post #3?

Anna, I am also sorry that I did not make the sale, and getting to see the Crotonheads. To much to get done around Scottland this time of year. I have this week off and I am nowhere near getting what I need to get done. Weather is great for outside but days are to short. Anyhow here are the ID's you requested: Post #2 Caribbean Star Post #3 Yellow Mammie 3rd and Diane the 5th. All 3 of there growing in 1/2 day morning sun.

Oh, oh. You mean these pink ones are Petras? I just put them in the wiki as Rheediis.:eek::eek::eek:

Petra all the way. I took care of the wiki issue on it. I thought after my statement in post #7 that it would be known that it was not Rheedii. I have wanted Rheedii but if these Petra looks like Rheedii, I will not need one. :D

Scott - I too am overwhelmed at what needs to get done in the garden. You need to remember, that often we look around our own gardens and only see what needs to be done. Especially when you have told yourself, "I'm gonna get this done by Sept." Now we are into November and still not done.

My suggestion is to take a morning or two to just walk about and enjoy what has been done. Looking at old photos really helps, its like "wow that area has come along way". That is why you need to get your butt to the Glock Garden Tour next Saturday. It can't be all work - take a day to decompress.

Moose Land has air layers needing to get potted up. Still more plants that I have promised myself to get into the ground. Way behind on remulching everything - its been 11 months now. It never ends.

Come hang out with us. Your gonna have to make the trip to Judy's to get your Black Beauty anyway. Might as well be this coming Saturday.

Scott - I too am overwhelmed at what needs to get done in the garden. You need to remember, that often we look around our own gardens and only see what needs to be done. Especially when you have told yourself, "I'm gonna get this done by Sept." Now we are into November and still not done.

My suggestion is to take a morning or two to just walk about and enjoy what has been done. Looking at old photos really helps, its like "wow that area has come along way". That is why you need to get your butt to the Glock Garden Tour next Saturday. It can't be all work - take a day to decompress.

Moose Land has air layers needing to get potted up. Still more plants that I have promised myself to get into the ground. Way behind on remulching everything - its been 11 months now. It never ends.

Come hang out with us. Your gonna have to make the trip to Judy's to get your Black Beauty anyway. Might as well be this coming Saturday.
Ron, As of today I will be coming to the "Glock Garden Tour" next Saturday. I guess I will need to RSVP.

Scott do you have a name for the oak leaf in pic. #4 on this page?:confused: to make it clear the pic id# isIMG 3184 JPG thanks

Scott do you have a name for the oak leaf in pic. #4 on this page?:confused: to make it clear the pic id# isIMG 3184 JPG thanks

Lamar, Lee gave me that one when I got into Crotons a few years ago and he only knew it as Davis hybrid.