IMG_3729.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3715.jpg
    IMG_3715.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3736.jpg
    IMG_3736.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 151
ya I don't have his permission but oh well there crotons, sorry there turned they aren't in my computer

Attachments

• IMG_3714.jpg
    IMG_3714.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 148
Andy has an amazing yard many walk ways the colors from crotons can be breath taking on pic of rudy b. the colors are amazing they love the soil there in

not sure but pics keep turning when I upload, Theres Andy complaining about all the work he has to do

Attachments

• IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_3720.jpg
    IMG_3720.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3727.jpg
    IMG_3727.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 145
Andy,

What a beautiful, diverse garden. Loved all the colors and textures everywhere. So much to look at. What are the three small, thin palms next to and behind the beccariophoenix? I'm not very good with palms.

Billy, thanks for taking the time to post these. I needed a treat today. I've already looked at these twice. :cool:

Andy,

What a beautiful, diverse garden. Loved all the colors and textures everywhere. So much to look at. What are the three small, thin palms next to and behind the beccariophoenix? I'm not very good with palms.

Billy, thanks for taking the time to post these. I needed a treat today. I've already looked at these twice. :cool:

Ana, where do you see a Beccariophoenix palm?

Andy, you have a beautiful looking garden. I can certainly appreciate all the hard work and passion that you've poured in to it. It shows! Thanks for the pic's Bill.

That's a fine looking Dr. Alexander (not Dr. Alix) in the middle of post # 18.

For those of you who have not met Andy, he is a tall big man. Looking at post # 18 3rd pic and using Andy for scale - that is a mature garden with alot of full crotons over 6 ft. Wowsers !!! :cool:

Bill - was happy to turn your photos. I know if you could, you would. Hey - 5:00 am and on my third mug of coffee, it gave me something to do, LOL :D

Jeff, I could very well be wrong. Just thought they were windowpanes. It's the first photo in post # 9. Click on it to enlarge it, then look to the right of the bottle palms and behind the tall terracotta pot. What are those cute slim palms to the right of that one? Thanks. Ana

Hey, Jeff, when will you post the list of cultivars you'll have available at your sale? Newbies need to know.

oh I have more

Andy, just want to say, I really enjoyed the tour of your garden. I love to view garden shots! As a Palmpedia member, I was aware you had a great croton collection. Now, having seen your photo, I realize I have seen you here and there; yep, you do get around! LOL It takes one to know one. I can definitely appreciate the work involved in keeping the grounds up! Again, thank-you for sharing.

Billy, a special thank-you to you for posting the pictures.

Jeff, I could very well be wrong. Just thought they were windowpanes. It's the first photo in post # 9. Click on it to enlarge it, then look to the right of the bottle palms and behind the tall terracotta pot. What are those cute slim palms to the right of that one? Thanks. Ana

Hey, Jeff, when will you post the list of cultivars you'll have available at your sale? Newbies need to know.

Anna - regarding the palm just behind the red clay pot: what produces the 'windowpane' look at first glance are the reins along the edge of the fronds - kind of like zippers that fall off a bit after a new frond opens.

Andy - great looking garden!

Hi Ana, the palm is Dictyosperma, and the form that has reins that hold the tips of the leaflets together. Hence the windows.

I just finished with pulling and tagging all the crotons today. When all said and done, I will be offering 200 +/- varieties. This will be by far my largest selection ever. Ryan will probably get the list by Saturday and will post the sale and list of crotons sometime early next week here. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Come early friday morning!!!

Thanks, Phil, Tim and Jeff! I have yet a lot to learn about palms. Veitchias are the same as adonidias? Like Phil, I thought the trunks were too slim for adonidias. Hey, that's cool about the 'reins' of dyctiosperma. I guess Beccariophoenix Madagascariensis has reins also? They're not related in any way?

Anna - Lots of palms have reins including the big Royals in my yard. Adonida was a separate genus for a while, then was incorporated into Veitchia, and is back to its own genus again. They look a lot like Veitchias in the landscape, are cheap and readily obtainable, and are prone to cold or freeze damage. Most all in my neighborhood, including two in my yard, went to the dump after the two lousy winters a few years back. The Veitchias are growing nicely.