A Parade of Unknowns

Unknown #10 updated photo. Thought this was Majesticum. Mike Woolery (Bullwinkle) feels that it is Punctatum.

Onward through the fog ... :confused:

Attachments

• Unk # 10A.JPG
    Unk # 10A.JPG
    219.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Unk # 10B.JPG
    Unk # 10B.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 158
Unknown #11 updated photo. In another thread, Keith said this looked like Mike Fascell.

Attachments

• Unk #11A.JPG
    Unk #11A.JPG
    225.9 KB · Views: 135
  • Unk #11B.JPG
    Unk #11B.JPG
    237.7 KB · Views: 140
Unknown #12 - Still no clue on this one. Thoughts about Caribbean Star, maybe it is? The leaves have some curl and texture on the edges. The wide blotches of yellow along the midrib stays pretty consistent on this plant. Then colors upvery nice with age.

Any thoughts from anybody? :confused:

Attachments

• Unk #12A.JPG
    Unk #12A.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 136
Unknown #13 Updated photo: Probably a Columbiana. some of the older leaves were coloring up like a Fathers Day, but that coloring has been inconsistent.

Any IDeas? :confused:

Attachments

• Unk #13A.JPG
    Unk #13A.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 131
  • Unk #13B.JPG
    Unk #13B.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Unk #13C.JPG
    Unk #13C.JPG
    231.2 KB · Views: 133
Unknown #15 updated photo: It was hard to tell when it was a small rooted cutiing that this croton would become a General Paget. Didn't have one before, now I do. :)

Attachments

• Unk #15A.JPG
    Unk #15A.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 126
I an beginning to wonder if Father's day and Columbiana are distinct cultivars.There are so many variations in the Columbiana complex perhaps fathers day is one of the variation??As I have noticed that sometimes my Fathers day looks like Columbiana and Vice-versa.

Unknown #13 Updated photo: Probably a Columbiana. some of the older leaves were coloring up like a Fathers Day, but that coloring has been inconsistent.

Any IDeas? :confused:

Unknown #10 updated photo. Thought this was Majesticum. Mike Woolery (Bullwinkle) feels that it is Punctatum.

Onward through the fog ... :confused:

Seriously? Go look on page 2 in the croton book........

I think your Caribbean Star is what it is, based on the picture.

In my opinion, Columbiana has a smaller leaf than the Father's Day. Similar colors, not as intense, but much smaller leaves.

Oh, and my Mike Fascell plant originated in the Pinecrest Gardens down in Miami. It looks completely different. It had a wire tag on it with this name, along with a few others that had name tags on it. I was told by Craig that Johnny and Bob had come through there a few years earlier and placed these wires on them. While in there, I came across an old, very leggy croton with few leaves and named Cover Girl. As you can imagine, my eyes got very big and I thought I hit the lottery. Only to find out much later as they grew, they turned out to be Columbia. So mistakes are made.......

Tags get moved. People make lists to tag later, wrong plant gets tagged, etc ...

Jeff - when I got Columbia from you I was thrilled that I had obtained a Cover Girl. Well, we know now that it is not but it is a very beautiful croton. My excitement did not diminish because of the "name change". Some collectors get hung up on names on their wish list or the rarity of a cultivar. Hey, a well grown beautiful Petra is something to behold. :)

Unknown #16 - looks like it may be Freckles?

Attachments

• Unk #16A.JPG
    Unk #16A.JPG
    239.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Unk #16B.JPG
    Unk #16B.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Unk # 16C.JPG
    Unk # 16C.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 118
Unknown #17 Updated photos: This one remains a mystery. :confused:

Attachments

• Unk #17A.JPG
    Unk #17A.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Unk #17B.JPG
    Unk #17B.JPG
    240.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Unk #17C.JPG
    Unk #17C.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 119
Unknown #18 updated photo: Took a nice air layer off this plant two days ago. Should I bring it to the auction?

Attachments

• Unk #18A.JPG
    Unk #18A.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Unk #18B.JPG
    Unk #18B.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 138
Unknown # 19 updated photo. Would love to get an ID on this one. :)

Attachments

• Unk #19A.JPG
    Unk #19A.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Unk #19B.JPG
    Unk #19B.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Unk #19C.JPG
    Unk #19C.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Unk #19D.JPG
    Unk #19D.JPG
    241.7 KB · Views: 143
I think Moose's plant is Picturatum not Punctatum.I plan to bring Majesticum,Picturatum and Daybreak to the next meeting for all to decide on the differences

theyQUOTE=Jeff Searle;42848]Seriously? Go look on page 2 in the croton book........

I think your Caribbean Star is what it is, based on the picture.

In my opinion, Columbiana has a smaller leaf than the Father's Day. Similar colors, not as intense, but much smaller leaves.[/QUOTE]

Hey Moose, the plant you are showing is Czar Alexander
Mike-Majesticum, picturaton , pheasant tail, and day break . I have these plants, they are similar but have differences. Also I saw another variety from Hawaii that are unknown but similar to the ones I mentioned

Thanks Jose, Majesticum is a beauty but it is so much slower than Daybreak or Picturatum
.Czar Alexander looks almost like John Soar but it looks like it has more red??

Hey Moose, the plant you are showing is Czar Alexander
Mike-Majesticum, picturaton , pheasant tail, and day break . I have these plants, they are similar but have differences. Also I saw another variety from Hawaii that are unknown but similar to the ones I mentioned

Unknown #22 updated photos

Attachments

• Unk #22A.JPG
    Unk #22A.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 125
  • Unk #22B.JPG
    Unk #22B.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Unk #22C.JPG
    Unk #22C.JPG
    226.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Unk #22D.JPG