Confused with the President

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
:) This is not a political thread here, topic is about a Croton. I purchased this one from the society at the USF sale some years ago as President Reagan. This Croton is a very slow grower and stands under a foot tall after all this time. Looks nothing like my other P. Regan. So any ID thoughts from the group?
IMG_2611.jpgIMG_2613.jpg

Here is my other P. Reagan, both plants growing in morning sun.
IMG_2609.jpgIMG_2610.jpg

Stump the chumps time here. All three growing in the yard here. Pics taken this morning. Which one is Pres. Reagan? First two are 5 ft apart and third is 25 ft away and gets a bit more direct light.

hint: First one purchased as Corot; third was air layer from first. I cannot see any difference other than the one in the middle seems to have more reds or dark orange in autumn and is the slowest growing of the three.

Attachments

• DSCN4575.jpg
    DSCN4575.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4576.jpg
    DSCN4576.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN4577.jpg
    DSCN4577.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 66
Stump the chumps time here. All three growing in the yard here. Pics taken this morning. Which one is Pres. Reagan? First two are 5 ft apart and third is 25 ft away and gets a bit more direct light.

hint: First one purchased as Corot; third was air layer from first. I cannot see any difference other than the one in the middle seems to have more reds or dark orange in autumn and is the slowest growing of the three.

I have the same plant tagged P.R., I got it from Marie. That day I got three plants all tagged P.R. All oak leaf all colored close but not the same. I am a Democrat so I expect P.R. To do a flip flop.

Phil, Nice looking plants as always! What is that beauty of a pink Croton I spy a little of on the upper right in the first photo?