What the Heck does Superbum Mean?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Off the top of my head, I can think of two cultivars having "Superbum" in their name. (Oak Leaf Superbum, Gloriosa Superbum) What the heck does Superbum mean? Is there a definition? What is the historical signifigance to a "Superbum"

Please somebody clue in this old Moose LOL ;)

It derives from the Superman legend. As the Man of Steel aged and eventually lost all his contracts with the Metropolis Police Department, he was rendered homeless and powerless from the long term effects of Kryptonite. He still had some muscle mass and, when viewed by the more affluent citizens of his home town, seen as a "super bum". Crotons with the name "Superbum" are named so in his honor.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two cultivars having "Superbum" in their name. (Oak Leaf Superbum, Gloriosa Superbum) What the heck does Superbum mean? Is there a definition? What is the historical signifigance to a "Superbum"

Please somebody clue in this old Moose LOL ;)[/QUOTE

Ron, I googled the botanical meaning of superbum because there is an Anthurium superbum, a Philodendron superbum and a Platycerium serbum that I'm aware of as well. I found out that it's from the Latin superbus which means superb.

What's a Gloriosum??

The sum of all the Glorias in a specific area. Also, the sum of all the times "Gloria" is played on a daily basis by the average oldies radio station.

Therefore, Gloriosum Superbum was named after a homeless man in a Superman cape who sang "Gloria" all day long on a street corner in downtown Miami in the early 70s.

The sum of all the Glorias in a specific area. Also, the sum of all the times "Gloria" is played on a daily basis by the average oldies radio station.

Therefore, Gloriosum Superbum was named after a homeless man in a Superman cape who sang "Gloria" all day long on a street corner in downtown Miami in the early 70s.

G L O R I A, Gloria:cool:

Van Morrison, Laura Branigan or U2?

Bunch 'a young punks here. "Them" from 1964

them.jpg

Van Morrison

On the Beatles first trip to the US, they were not the headliner act. Van Morrison was. The Beatles were very excited just to be on the same stage. Beatlemania had exploded so rapidly that when the Beatles arrived at their first venue, they were shocked to see the marquee had them listed as the main act. They had no idea what was in store for them. :confused:

It derives from the Superman legend. As the Man of Steel aged and eventually lost all his contracts with the Metropolis Police Department, he was rendered homeless and powerless from the long term effects of Kryptonite. He still had some muscle mass and, when viewed by the more affluent citizens of his home town, seen as a "super bum". Crotons with the name "Superbum" are named so in his honor.

Ricky - it may be time to change your bong water :rolleyes:

LOL - you spin a good yarn :D