Looking for Milky Way

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Milky Way has intigued me since the first time I ever laid eyes on one. I really need one - and I am willing to trade a Pam Kiefert to get one. Got one Pam Kiefert air layer left for trading. She got potted up three days ago and looks like she is going to root up just fine. Please PM me if you are interested.

Da Moose :p

Just noted that there's no Milky Way in the wiki.

DSC_0039.jpgDSC_0078.jpg

Would it be too much trouble for you to set up a web cam pointed at it:confused::rolleyes:

Better yet, lets organize a very simple garden tour at my house some Saturday afternoon. If a few are interested, I'll set a date, provide some cold drinks and just show up. No auction of plants. Just crude, old fashion, shoot the $hit get together. Anybody in? Got a few palms to look at too. Lol.

Better yet, lets organize a very simple garden tour at my house some Saturday afternoon. If a few are interested, I'll set a date, provide some cold drinks and just show up. No auction of plants. Just crude, old fashion, shoot the $hit get together. Anybody in? Got a few palms to look at too. Lol.
. I will be there, can I bring some of my little friends in pots for ID?

Set the date and I'll be there

OK:cool:

Just got off the phone with Chris, he is up for it. Perhaps we should truck/van pool with Kip. Better check the freezer, see if we got enough frozen mangos for Andrea's to work her magic! :cool:

Milky Way has intigued me since the first time I ever laid eyes on one. I really need one - and I am willing to trade a Pam Kiefert to get one. Got one Pam Kiefert air layer left for trading. She got potted up three days ago and looks like she is going to root up just fine. Please PM me if you are interested.

Da Moose :p

Well - this thread spiraled off topic. I'm still very interested in acquiring a Milky Way. Apparently they are extremely rare and the offer of a trade of a Pam Kiefert did not work. I have a third Pam Kiefert air layer that has now been potted up for 10 days. She has not skipped a beat or lost a single leaf. Interested in trading her for something exotic. The problem with the Momma sport is that each time a cutting or air layer has been taken, I have only gotten a snigle new growth point to emerge. Its gonna take awhile to slowly get this croton around. Hopefully my "new" Pam will be more prolific once its in the ground. For now - this croton is still very rare.

Please PM me if you are interested in trading for Pam.

Hey Buddy,

Any chance of a nice picture of the plant your offering, this might entice us to step up. Also, if no Milky Way is available, what are some others on your list you would be willing to trade for? Cover Girl perhaps, maybe a Royal Horseguard? Coppinger's Dr. Frank Brown? Just kidding, just kidding! But seriously, anything else your looking for?

Jeff - Buddy is a great looking croton but I already have one. I'm interested in a bit more of a "Gucci" type cultivar. Or as a friend up in Tampa would say, "rarer then hens teeth" LOL :D

I'm not looking to get back the trade croton right away. Say if someone said: well I'll trade you for example a Milky Way when my plant can support an air layer, that would be good enough for me.

Here is the photo requested. It is the smallest of the three. Its in a one gallon container so you can see that she has already has some nice width. Now going on 12 days potted up, it may be safe to assume that some root development is happening. PM me if you would be interested in Pam (I'm talking about the croton Mr. Glock, LOL ;))

Attachments

• Pam Kiefert 1.JPG
    Pam Kiefert 1.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Pam Kiefert 2.JPG
    Pam Kiefert 2.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 87
Jeff - Buddy is a great looking croton but I already have one. I'm interested in a bit more of a "Gucci" type cultivar. Or as a friend up in Tampa would say, "rarer then hens teeth" LOL :D

I'm not looking to get back the trade croton right away. Say if someone said: well I'll trade you for example a Milky Way when my plant can support an air layer, that would be good enough for me.

Here is the photo requested. It is the smallest of the three. Its in a one gallon container so you can see that she has already has some nice width. Now going on 12 days potted up, it may be safe to assume that some root development is happening. PM me if you would be interested in Pam (I'm talking about the croton Mr. Glock, LOL ;))

I have the ultra super rare WHITE BraVo

Attachments

• 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 89