A Idea Proposal

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
How about starting a monthly Wiki picture thread? You would post a photo that is needed in the Wiki. The knowledgeable Croton hobbyists can then agree or disagree on the ID. After the ID is agreed upon it would then be placed in the Wiki. The thread may become to long in the month, so I would think it should be locked at months end and a new month ID thread started.

Thats a good idea Scott,I have a couple that need names.I will try and post some pics later today.

How about starting a monthly Wiki picture thread? You would post a photo that is needed in the Wiki. The knowledgeable Croton hobbyists can then agree or disagree on the ID. After the ID is agreed upon it would then be placed in the Wiki.

We should come up with a title for the thread and use the same title weekly. Example: WK#30 Croton ID talk. (always changing week # only weekly). Ideas?

Great work being done here these last few days, big thank you to ANA for fireing every one up. I can not remember ever seeing so much good followship and great pics.

And once a cultivar has been "vetted" so to speak, and passed the scrutiny of the CrotonHeads, we could have some type of designation (icon?) to place on the page to signify a consensus of opinion. Perhaps that would lend some sort of credibility to the name.

And once a cultivar has been "vetted" so to speak, and passed the scrutiny of the CrotonHeads, we could have some type of designation (icon?) to place on the page to signify a consensus of opinion. Perhaps that would lend some sort of credibility to the name.

Dean, Watch this! This is why scrutiny is needed to keep the Wiki accurate.
Can all the "CrotonsHeads" please give me the names of these two.​
IMG_2411.jpgIMG_2412.jpgThis is not a trick. Just ID as you see them.​

The are both AFD #5 sold in the big box stores as Fantasy. Elaine is also called Nervia and may also be AFD #9. Like most Crotons, they will look different depending on light.

The one on the left has hints of oak leaf while the right one is a barely lobed semi oak. AFD #5 (or maybe Elaine) on the left and AFD #9 (Nervia) on the right. Elaine is not Nervia.

AFD #5 or maybe Elaine? Come on Ray give it your best shot. You can do it. :D

Here is what I have as AFD #7... Normal, Spotted and a Spotted Blotched...
IMG_2413.jpgIMG_2414.jpgIMG_2421.jpgIMG_2420.jpgIMG_2425.jpg

picresized_1374884092_AFDIMG_2411.jpgpicresized_1374884237_AFDIMG_2412.jpg These are the names that were attached to these when I got them. I have a AFD #9 from Hawaii but at this time looks different from Nervia. I will have to wait for this one to color up later in the season to tell.