2 year old

Jerry Shilling

03/12/10
This may be my best hybrid thus far. Synder's Disraeli crossed with Sybil Griffen. Good grower...ends up a very vivid orange and black. Photos are from mid July to present. Moving the plant around to find what light it prefers.

Attachments

• photo.JPGdc4.jpg
    photo.JPGdc4.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 101
  • photo.JPGdc5.jpg
    photo.JPGdc5.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 104
  • photo.JPGdc6.jpg
    photo.JPGdc6.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 103
  • photo.JPGdc3.jpg
    photo.JPGdc3.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 98
  • photo.JPGdc2.jpg
    photo.JPGdc2.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 100
  • photo.JPGdc7.jpg
    photo.JPGdc7.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 93
  • photo.JPGdc1.jpg
    photo.JPGdc1.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 90
Wow Jerry this is really great work you are doing with these plants. I am sure some of the old masters are rolling over at your leaf size and color. If you don't mind could you speak about your method of collecting seeds. Great work keep them coming.

This definitely needs to get established at multiple locations for preservation purposes. :cool:

Jerry - its your creation, have you contemplated on a name. It's definitely beautiful enough to get Bren imortalized in the name ... ;)

Yep, that's pretty much "off the chain"! Really looking forward to seeing all the crotons this weekend. For your sake, the gate security should be ramped up! Lol!

Here are her latest photos as well as looking back through the flush.

Attachments

• photo.JPGDaisy12a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy12a.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 74
  • photo.JPGDaisy11a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy11a.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 75
  • photo.JPGDaisy9a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy9a.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 66
  • photo.JPGDaisy8a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy8a.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 83
  • photo.JPGDaisy5a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy5a.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 70
  • photo.JPGDaisy6a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy6a.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 73
  • photo.JPGDaisy4a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy4a.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 76
  • photo.JPGDaisy2a.jpg
    photo.JPGDaisy2a.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 62
Hey Randy,

Yes, Daisy's Dance & Daisy Christine were from the same seed cluster. There were 5 total, the others aren't bad. I will post some photos soon.

You do understand that the photos at the beginning of this thread were of Daisy Christine as well. She was still working out her leaf shape then. This plant will be 3 years old in November...it went in the ground in April. It's been pretty consistent for awhile now and I was comfortable naming it.

I must confess that the deep orange this plant develops takes my breath away. It seems to be a good grower, so I would think some air layers soon.

Some of us have been talking about a visit in the not so distant future Robertico. I think it would be pretty cool to get one or both Daisy's down there. How do we do it?

Attachments

• photo.JPGzz.jpg
    photo.JPGzz.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 83